By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is Wii demand waning? Stock market says "yes"

I'd say the demand is still high.

Around the Network

they dont read VGChartz enougth ...

Time to Work !

Alby_da_Wolf said:
Maybe some weasels are trying a little agiotage to buy Nintendo shares at a lower than right value to make quick money?

As crazy as it sounds, it wouldn't surprise me at all.

I vote this thread as fail of the year…epic levels

using eBay to guage demand...massive

Consumers say "no".

Around the Network
mesoteto said:

I vote this thread as fail of the year…epic levels

using eBay to guage demand...massive

LMFAO. That pic is awesome

Lol, With all this talk of demand going down, the Wii has just gone out of stock again at Amazon after being in stock for over a full week.

Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

The exchange rates are going from "really bad" to even worse... Just today the dollar and euro lost 1.5% and 2% against the Yen respectively.

I think we're starting to get into the Orange alert area for Sony, and Nintendo mustn't be too happy either.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Yep. It's getting pretty ugly. Only hope for stockholders who haven't already bailed is to play the poor strategy game of hold, wait and hope for the best.

The real problem however, isn't this quarter, it's speculation about 2 quarters from now that are also hurting stock prices. Regardless of how well Nintendo sells its hardware this holiday season, if demand tapers off, or worse yet, the exchange rate doesn't improve, not only does it make a price reduction to stimulate sales in overseas markets less likely, it also means lowered earning estimates.

It probably would have been wiser to drop speculation for Nintendo back when it was clear the stock wasn't really budging regardless of the stellar quarterly earnings reports.