By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Demon's Soul dated for Japan!!!

will they be able to fix the hiccups already?

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
Oh what the hell. Impressions from TGS were horrible. Some sites said the game could barely maintain 20fps. I thought for sure this game had at least six months left of development, if not closer to a year.

I now have no hope that this game will be good.

It's stuff like this that make sure that Western developers are ahead of Japanese developers

I wonder if the game will be complete by that time as i remember they only showed a trailer during TGS.

Perhaps they did a "we've shown early footage, we're way further in the process already..."-trick? Who am I kidding ^^

Riachu said:
makingmusic476 said:
Oh what the hell. Impressions from TGS were horrible. Some sites said the game could barely maintain 20fps. I thought for sure this game had at least six months left of development, if not closer to a year.

It's stuff like this that make sure that Western developers are ahead of Japanese developers

generally speaking yes, but only the technical side.

MGS4 , Final fantasy 13, and GT5 shows they still can compete.

on the artistic side Westerns are inferior by alot IMO.

Around the Network

im sure it will run alot better. a tad bit rushed maybe, may lead to a few patches, but it will be playable. heck maybe what they showed at tgs was something they put together way before tgs and they just didnt feel like making a new and improved demo level. /shrug it will be pushed back :p

makingmusic476 said:

LOL wow, this is exactly what I thought when I read the OP. Nice.

SnakeEyez said:
makingmusic476 said:

wont this be close to the 6 month mark?

Anyways I'm more pleased with it getting a release date. This will shut up those stupid people who say sony only announces games years in advanced.

That soon?

I sure hope that TGS build of the game was from 2007 then, as the framerate in the vids I saw was...not...good.

LOL MATURE said:
SnakeEyez said:
makingmusic476 said:

wont this be close to the 6 month mark?

Anyways I'm more pleased with it getting a release date. This will shut up those stupid people who say sony only announces games years in advanced.

October, November, December, January, February.  Just shy of the six month mark, but a game usually goes gold about a month before release.

And Siren, Resistance 2, and MotorStorm 2 certainly didn't shut people up, so I doubt this will.