By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - If Polyphony Digital and Guerrila Games can do it...

That seems to be the rumor Iyzy, it IS better for quality, however it cost's a little bit more, a little bit that some companies are not willing to spend :P As the numbers grow for both consoles though, the target audience will grow, and the need for quality on both consoles will be more pressing, I think development will EVENTUALLY lead on the PS3, but not till they take up more of the market :P

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Around the Network
ChronotriggerJM said:
That seems to be the rumor Iyzy, but it's better for quality, and cost's a little bit more, a little bit that some companies are not willing to spend :P As the numbers grow for both consoles though, the target audience will grow, and the need for quality on both consoles will be more pressing, I think development will EVENTUALLY lead on the PS3, but not till they take up more of the market :P

Umm..huh?  EA and Ubisoft already lead on the PS3..and they're 2 of the bigger developers, others may do it as well...the only one to mention in my opinion is Activision, and I don't know what they lead on..but if they lead on PS3, the rest of the developement studios are too small to matter even a little bit.  EA, Activision and Ubisoft are the most prominent companies in the industry right now.

ChronotriggerJM said:

Don't listen to all the people up here :P It's not about time and money at all ;/ it's about mad skillz, and many developers simply lack them :P

Criterion games didn't set aside some proposterous budget, and look at the quality they tossed on the table.

Infinity War SPLIT they're resources up, and look what they produced.

Media Molecule I'm not even consists of 50+ people... Amazing quality :P

Dice seems to be able to work wonders on the PS3, and we haven't heard much about out of this world budgets.

Insomniac games makes game after game, year after year, and we've never heard horror stories about next gen budgets from them.

It seems to me like a developers willingness to learn and experiment with the hardware. Many company's out there are just looking to produce a quick buck, not put out a quality title, so you'll see sloppy port, after sloppy port, after sloppy port ;/ That said, any company wanting to lead with the PS3 usually finds it's much easier to port down to the 360, because it reads anything you throw at it, and the overall quality for both consoles is pretty damn good ^^

this is my position. if media molecule can do it, insomniac can do it, and criterion can do it, why the hell is EA, a GIANT of a company, making such crappy ports?

@Phran, SOME of the companies in these huge conglomerates lead on the PS3, sadly, it's only a few :/ Granted more and more are switching as time goes on, but it still won't see full tide switch for some time to come :P

@Bug, EA itself doesn't seem to say much about what they're smaller companies do. They just supply the budget, nothing more. It's the developers decision to choose which platform to lead on.