By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What do you want to see in Wii Sports Resort?

I'm gonna get straight into my wishlist

There are going to be roughly 10 games so I'd like to see:

Surfing

Use the Wii balance board to surf the waves of Resort Island.. Those without a balance board can get in on the action too with simple twists and turns of the Wii Remote equiped with Wii MotionPlus.

Have a tournament with friends one after the other on the Wii balance board or Wii Remote equiped with Wii MotionPlus. OR play with people around the world and join in on monthly competitions!

JetSki

Play for points, put your skills to the test in time trials or have a four player split screen race.. Includes Online leader boards for ring races, time trials and 8 player online races

White Water Rafting

Tame the river rapid as you plunge into its merciless waters.. With Wii MotionPlus and Nunchuk in hand, speed up and slow down your raft for optimal rafting without falling out! With Wii balance board, have more control over you rafts balance and an overall advantage over the world! Timetrials, challenges, Split screen races! Be careful not to bump your opponent too hard or you may be the one left in the drink..

Parasailing

Breeze through Resort Islands skies effortlessly as you take in the beautiful scenery of the ocean and Island itself.. Let fly from the confines of the towing boat and take part in a series of thrilling challenges all around the island.. Complete with online leaderboards and co-op (one player controls the towing boat while the other controls the sailing) where one player must control the boat through relentless waves, surfers and whales and dolfins in the surf while the other must duck, dodge and dive between birds, airplanes, balloons and Disks..

Fencing

This one is pretty self explanatory.. Hopefully including online play

DiskDog

Hopefully turned into frisbee golf or something more fun.. Otherwise includes object to throw the Disk in between and around!

Dodgeball

4 on 4 OR 2 on 2 dodgeballing! 4 on 4 only available in 4 player co-op or online play.. Take control of you Mii in a thrilling ga,e of dodgeball.. Throw the balls fast, slow, with spin, down low, at the face, what ever you like! Twist and turn the Wii Remote with Wii MotionPlus to dodge balls that are uncatchable and duck, dive and dodge your way out of trouble!

TennisPlus

Wii Sport Tennis like you know and love now with a twist! Far more responsive controls only possible with Wii MotionPlus, drop shots, lobs, backspin and slices are now all intuitive and easy to perform, just like a real tennis match! Play in a totally new way against your friends in your living room or play against people from around the world!

Volleyball

2 on 2 matches.. You only need your Wii Remote with Wii MotionPlus in hand and you're ready to go! lobs, smashes, dives! All the action you'd expect from beach volleyball in the palm of your hand! 

AND THE BIG ONE!

Paintball

Play in a 1st or 3rd person perspactive, it's all up to you! 1st person mode has a better aim while 3rd person mode has a better view of the surroundings.. Play 4 player local matches or 8 player online matches with battles taking place on the beach, in the islands town, mountains, hey stack filled farms, old army training camp and more!

I think it's obvious that I want to see online support, a true island resort feeling and balance board support.. AND PAINTBALL!!!

Around the Network

Rol's ideas is good. I'd also go for some Badminton.

I was thinking badminton but ultimately thought it was too similar to tennis so i put beach volleyball instead..

puffy said:
I was thinking badminton but ultimately thought it was too similar to tennis so i put beach volleyball instead..

It's similar, but not entirely. The birdie would move more slowly than a tennis ball, and most of the emphasis would be on overhand hits.

I want to see 2 free Wii Motion Plus (and four would be even nicer).

If this is a multi player game and requires Wii Motion Plus then it is silly for it to come with only one Wii Motion Plus (making you have to shell out more money for extra). Nintendo owes me that much for paying for the game.

I have already paid £60 for two extra Wii remotes, £35 for Wii play, and £45 for three Wii nunchucks. That's already £140 on controllers. If I have to pay ridiculous more money for Wii Motion plus (outside the cost of Wii Sports Resort) well then I would be well pissed off with Nintendo.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Around the Network

For once, I second Rol's idea.

Splitscreen online gameplay (with hot chicks, why not) would be nice too.

Ok well lets go in a new direction :P

Which of the games that I have suggested would you like in and which would you swap for other games?

Also yes the MotionPlus issue is going to get people annoyed but I think it'll end up being 1 per game plus $USD9.99 per extra..

I would love to see Miis included

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

KylieDog this is about Wii Sports Resort, if you don't have anything constructive to say, get out

An endorsement and appearance in ad and game from JJ.