By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - So, Obama not a US citizen lawsuit picking up some steam

steven787 said:
Max King of the Wild said:

I think you really need to read and reread peoples responses. All through this thread you have been responding... to things that dont make sense.

The Hawaiian state didnt vouch the the birth certificate is authentic they just said they have it on record.... they havent released any other info... which means its there... which means if we see what they have it could be that it is at home birth or hospital birth.... which means this could go either way... which means Hawaii isnt in on the conspiracy

"Therefore, I as Director of Health for the State of Hawai‘i, along with the Registrar of Vital Statistics who has statutory authority to oversee and maintain these type of vital records, have personally seen and verified that the Hawai‘i State Department of Health has Sen. Obama’s original birth certificate on record in accordance with state policies and procedures." link

I understand how you can see it that way, but you are misunderstanding the significance of this.  With out any evidence to the contrary then all these theories mean nothing.  I said before that Obama could have been born in another country (though, admittedly I do believe he was born here), I am saying it doesn't matter unless they can come up with something tangible to bring the birth certificate into question.  Produce a foreign document.

Everyone keeps saying that Hawaii allowed late registrations and foreign registrations... without sources, so here they are:

http://hawaii.gov/health/vital-records/vital-records/hawnbirth.html

"If there is no standard birth certificate on file, an applicant is required to submit documentary evidence of the birth facts necessary to support of the registration of the late certificate of birth."

So without the proper documentation there would be no certificate.

And to counter that point.......

the report does not say whether the birth certificate in the “record” is a Certificate of Live Birth or a Certificate of Hawaiian Birth

For births prior to 1972, a Certificate of Hawaiian Birth was the result of the uncorroborated testimony of one witness and was not generated by a hospital.

I'm glad that starting in 1972 Hawaii started to require an applicant to "submit documentary evidence of the birth facts necessary to support of the registration of the late certificate of birth".

I'd be surprised if the current Director of Health in Hawaii knew what the law was prior to 1972, which was changed 36 years ago. Hell, I'd bet he needs to consult legal staff for interpetation of current law in some cases.

If it turns out Obama only has a Certificate of Hawaiian Birth which implies he was "born at home" and is based on the uncorroborated testimony of one witness I think Obama may be in trouble. No one is going to beleive he was born in Hawaii but not in a hospitol.

This thread would be much more amusing if you'd all argue about Trig Palin's birth certificate instead. It's much more amusing. The hospital Palin says she was at doesn't have Trig on file. You can look him up on the web site and he's not there. I guess that means Trig was born in Kenya, and/or renounced his citizenship in Indonesia.

Born in an Igloo, it melted in the spring.

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

Around the Network

I just found out something really interesting...

Flashback 1992:

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9E0CE0D8143EF936A25753C1A964958260&sec=&spon=&pagewanted=all

Officials of two of the news organizations involved, The Associated Press and Hearst Newspapers, said they had asked for Mr. Clinton's visa, passport, draft and citizenship records because of claims made to them by Republicans that Mr. Clinton, the Democratic Presidential nominee, had tried to renounce his citizenship in the 1960's.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9E0CE7D91F31F935A35751C1A964958260

But they said that such an application was not listed in the appropriate index in immigration and naturalization files, and hence no search was conducted. Mr. Clinton was a Rhodes scholar at Oxford University in the late 1960's.

"You can't search through files if there are no files," said a spokesman for the Home Office in London when asked about an article in The Washington Post today that said the office had conducted a "comprehensive" search of immigration files for information about Mr. Clinton.

I'm just pointing out that this isn't the first time something like this came into question. It's a normal smear tactic.

This, of course, is different because now they are questioning where the person was born and whether or not an existing government certified document is valid. A much more volatile subject. Just wanted to put this story into perspective, I'm not arguing any points anymore.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

But they said that such an application was not listed in the appropriate index in immigration and naturalization files, and hence no search was conducted. Mr. Clinton was a Rhodes scholar at Oxford University in the late 1960's.

"You can't search through files if there are no files," said a spokesman for the Home Office in London when asked about an article in The Washington Post today that said the office had conducted a "comprehensive" search of immigration files for information about Mr. Clinton.

The wording is just weird. They looked and didn't find it, probably because it didn't exist.

This, of course, is different because now they are questioning where the person was born and whether or not an existing government certified document is valid. A much more volatile subject. Just wanted to put this story into perspective, I'm not arguing any points anymore

Fraudelently obtained government certified documents are investigated all the time. Usually having to do with illegal aliens trying to fraudelently obtain them. Didn't the 911 hijackers use fraudelently obtained drivers licenses?

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.

Hey, you guys made the CSM.

http://features.csmonitor.com/politics/2008/11/26/a-last-electoral-hurdle-for-obama/

Tyrannical said:
damkira said:

WorldNetDaily is not a credible source for anything other than far-right, frothing at the mouth, racist and xenophobic hearsay.

Anyone who reads it (and believes it) should receive psychiatric help.

http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/appeal-to-ridicule.html

The Appeal to Ridicule is a fallacy in which ridicule or mockery is substituted for evidence in an "argument."

A fallacy is, very generally, an error in reasoning. This differs from a factual error, which is simply being wrong about the facts. To be more specific, a fallacy is an "argument" in which the premises given for the conclusion do not provide the needed degree of support.

Try not to repeat that error in the future.

So does this mean you actually think world net daily is a credible source?  Really??

Around the Network
Tyrannical said:
damkira said:

WorldNetDaily is not a credible source for anything other than far-right, frothing at the mouth, racist and xenophobic hearsay.

The Appeal to Ridicule is a fallacy in which ridicule or mockery is substituted for evidence in an "argument."

A fallacy is, very generally, an error in reasoning. This differs from a factual error, which is simply being wrong about the facts. To be more specific, a fallacy is an "argument" in which the premises given for the conclusion do not provide the needed degree of support.

http://conwebwatch.tripod.com/stories/2008/wnddead.html

whatever said:
Tyrannical said:
damkira said:

http://conwebwatch.tripod.com/stories/2008/wnddead.html

This story from WND is very interesting... (WND posts 2-3 stories per day about the lawsuits, using these pieces of evidence)

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=73214

"Lawsuit disputing U.S. citizenship based in part on discredited claims"

"A separate WND investigation into Obama's birth certificate utilizing forgery experts also found the document to be authentic"

"A WND investigation could not find any proof Obama used an Indonesian passport to travel to Pakistan"

"The claim could not be verified by WND inquiries to Hawaiian hospitals, since state law bars the hospitals from releasing medical records to the public.

Even if Obama produced authenticated proof of his birth in Hawaii, however, the suit claims that the U.S. Nationality Act of 1940 provided that minors lose their American citizenship when their parents expatriate. Since Obama's mother married an Indonesian citizen and moved to Indonesia, the suit claims, she forfeited both her and Barack's American citizenship.

However, there doesn't seem to be any evidence Ann Dunham expatriated. Also, consulting citizenship experts contend that if Obama indeed obtained Indonesian citizenship, it simply would not have been recognized by the U.S., but the presidential candidate would retain his American citizenship."

screw all the do gooders I want a full blown out conspiracy.

http://features.csmonitor.com/politics/2008/11/26/a-last-electoral-hurdle-for-obama/

Many news organizations have debunked claims that Obama was born in Kenya to his 19-year-old American mother and his father, a Kenyan.

Now that's interesting, 19 year old mother. Keye's lawsuit claims his mother was 18.

If you followed along with some of the previous information, if he was born in Kenya his mother would have had to be 19, not 18 to confer US citizenship to him under the law at the time. I double checked her birthday on Wikipedia Nov 29th, 1942 so she would have been 18 still on Aug 4th, 1961.

Its funny to assume that you have to be born in america in order to be "qualified" for the job. The people have chosen.. stop being such a sore loser

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business