By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
hotrodx said:
Umm, I'm planning to get a 360 soon. RRODs still an issue, but are they really affecting the launch consoles only?

If I get one of those 360 Arcade SKUs (the one with the Sega Superstar Tennis game, I think), is that a guaranteed new model?

Sorry. Kinda felt like a newbie here, but it still feels scary to get a 360 with that happening.

Yes, any new model is safe to own. The models that are out now all have the Falcon motherboard (reliable and quieter). So just look at either the Arcade, 60GB Pro, or the Elite. All are safe, bro.

Have fun getting a 360, and choosing your games, you will not be disappointed!

Around the Network
hotrodx said:
Umm, I'm planning to get a 360 soon. RRODs still an issue, but are they really affecting the launch consoles only?

If I get one of those 360 Arcade SKUs (the one with the Sega Superstar Tennis game, I think), is that a guaranteed new model?

Sorry. Kinda felt like a newbie here, but it still feels scary to get a 360 with that happening.

Yes, the newer ones, such as the arcades with SST, are definately going to be fine.

When someone gets RRoD, there's about a 99.5% chance that it's going to be an older model at least 1.5 years old. In Shadowblinds' case, he has a refurbished 360 (which was rebuilt off an older model, with likely old parts), and mine is a refurbished one which is no less than 1.5 years old too.

The newer ones have a very low failure rate, which is inline with the other consoles such as the Wii and PS3. The only ones that had major problems were the older X360s.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

The newer ones actually have Lite-on drives which are quieter still. Oh and pretty much if you send away a Zephyr or Xenon you'll get an Opus which is pretty much a Falcon minus the HDMI port.

Tease.

hotrodx said:

Don't worry, you will get either a Falcon or a Jasper--you should be fine.

Update: I'm mangaing to squeeze every ounce of playability out of my dead 360. Right now to use it I have to wrap it in blankets and overheat it while its on, and then I get a few minutes before it locks up and Rings again. On the bright side, I've been able to see NXE in full effect.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Around the Network
Shadowblind said:

Update: I'm mangaing to squeeze every ounce of playability out of my dead 360. Right now to use it I have to wrap it in blankets and overheat it while its on, and then I get a few minutes before it locks up and Rings again. On the bright side, I've been able to see NXE in full effect.

I take it you tried my suggestion before completely shafting your console by wrapping it in blankets. By the sounds of it, your problem shouldn't have been an overheating issue, and talking from experience my method fixed my console fine and has been working for 5 months now without fault. What you have now done is forced your console to overheat several times, and now it may be too late. Ah well, maybe I should use a font like your in future to avoid being ignored.

I have had RROD only once so far on my launch day Elite(nearly 2 weeks ago), I got it about 10 minutes into Gears of War 2.

I was hoping to get it back yesterday but it looks like it will be early next week.

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!