By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official NXE Reviews & Impressions thread from VGCers

Ok, I installed Fallout 3, and yes, it makes your pip-boy come up and scroll insantly, so yes, it combats sluggish menus. I didn't notice an decrease in load times, but I did notice a decrease in pop-in textures and any game hitches or lag is completely gone from the game.

I'd say it increases the smoothness of the gameplay drastically.

I bet playing Mass Effect on the Hard-Drive makes it a AAA game.

The NXE is better than I expected.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Ok, I installed Fallout 3, and yes, it makes your pip-boy come up and scroll insantly, so yes, it combats sluggish menus. I didn't notice an decrease in load times, but I did notice a decrease in pop-in textures and any game hitches or lag is completely gone from the game.

Sounds awesome.

I'm gonna try it with Mirror's edge - there are few annoying "loading" time during the game.

Coca-Cola said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

Sounds awesome.

I'm gonna try it with Mirror's edge - there are few annoying "loading" time during the game.

I hear that it doesn't help some games that much, like Halo 3 or Gears 2. I haven't gotten to ME yet, so you might want to google to see if it gives that game any noticable improvements.

That said, it's a quick 10ish minute install for any game you want, so it's totally worth it, just so your DVD drive isn't making noise during play, lol.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Only good thing about this update is the option to install games. Those avatars are so annoying. :(

Prior to this update, I had no reason to use anything better than a 20GB.

Now, I can install one, maybe two games. I'm going to need to upgrade. I have a spare 40GB HDD that I'll probably install the firmware into to make it free and easy on me. At least, as long as I can still transfer my files.

Otherwise I'll have to buy a bigger one. I see reason to need one bigger than a 60GB, personally.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network

Feels like a new Xbox under the TV, everything is lovely but being from the UK no Netflix and tbh that sounds awesome and I am getting a little jealous. The movie selection for the UK is pretty limited too which just makes it worse couple that with it does not update often enough.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.

I downloaded it this morning (took like 2 minutes) and just got back on to play with it a little more.

The marketplace took a little getting used to but compared to the old one made finding things a lot easier.

The overall look is nice. I got the free Gears 2 theme with the preorder but I don't really like it. Might end up buying one of the other ones lol.

Tried netflix real quick and it was super fast and smooth.

I really like it so far.

Kinda wondering why my avatar isn't showing up in my gamercard tho :(

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection

Been playing with the new features all day! Watched "Gone Baby, Gone" with my Netflix trial. Learning the ins and outs of the new interface. It's like Christmas came early!! I haven't even played a game yet! This thing is sweet, and we owe it all to Barrack Obama! The change is here!!!!

*I apologise for my exclamation point abuse*

@ DOATS1

The same thing happens to me, after I view a friends profile my 360 freezes.
But other than that I really like this update.

Just got the update. Love it so far. The interface is cooler looking then the old one.