By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Happy birthday Wii!!

Hip, hip, huraaa!!

Today (19/11) marks the second Wii birthday and with only 2years and about 2 months it has reached 36m units sold!! With the amazing games already out like The Legend of Zelda TP, Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Super Paper Mario, Zack and Wiki, No More Heroes, Resident Evil 4 it has a good amount of hardcore games and allot more for the casual.

I am happy with my purchase of the Wii and I am looking foreword to a great 2009!

Do you guys remember the launch day? I still do. The Wii was my first console I ever camped out for. I really needed to experience the “now” in it and I couldn’t wait for Zelda. It was cold and it rained. Three people slept in a two mans tent and it leaked :P. they had only 5 Wiis in the store closest to me. It was horrible that day and night but when the morning came I finally had my Wii in my hands... (no pun intended) and when I got home I wanted to sleep but I so wanted to play so I did and it was great fun, really fun I still have a smile on my face today every time I play with it :)

Share your stories to :) 

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network

Cheers. It's a great system.

Wow nobody cares about the little white box that nobody believed in?!

I Do! but its birthday for my location, i believe to be the 3rd of December so im not celebrating yet XD

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

Yeah well actually it’s in December for me as well the 8th to be precise. But I thought it cold be the American time since it’s kind of in the center of the other releases :P

Around the Network

Happy B-day Wii.

I got it on April 2007. Here in Mexico it cost me $400, a bit more =S

But I don't regret my purchase, I've been having a good time with it. If only I were younger and had more time to play..... =(

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

Ah, the fond memories of sitting behind the local WalMart freezing my tail off... what a day that was.

And then, 12:01 hit and everything from then on was a blur of me handing in a lot of cash and then being handed this big ol' white box. Unpacking the Wii was also a sight to behold... as it was my first launch console. It was the first console I personally worked and paid for as well, so that means a lot to me.

2 years and 25 games later... I'm loving it. From Rayman Raving Rabbids (first game I played) to Animal Crossing: City Folk, it's all been a great and fun experience. Here's to 2 (plus more) more years of the little white box that could. Cheers!

I've celebrated it's birthday by finally getting a 220 V adaptor so I can play it in Korea! Zack & Wiki with the mrs. DeBlob, MegaMan 9 and some Gamecube Greats will be my day's devotion!

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Smeags said:

Ah, the fond memories of sitting behind the local WalMart freezing my tail off... what a day that was.

And then, 12:01 hit and everything from then on was a blur of me handing in a lot of cash and then being handed this big ol' white box. Unpacking the Wii was also a sight to behold... as it was my first launch console. It was the first console I personally worked and paid for as well, so that means a lot to me.

2 years and 25 games later... I'm loving it. From Rayman Raving Rabbids (first game I played) to Animal Crossing: City Folk, it's all been a great and fun experience. Here's to 2 (plus more) more years of the little white box that could. Cheers!

Now that’s more like it :D that’s what I want to read!