By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - How come this site isn't so popular already?

It seems to be the only site out there that consistently delivers sales numbers in a very easy to read format for comparison's sake. But it seems to only be getting a few thousand members on at a time.. I dunno, I would think it would be more popular.

Or is it just me again being paranoid? (like the "i can't believe there's 500,000 people buying a console every week, coz that would be 10 woodstock concerts going to gamestop..")

Around the Network

You got me. I think alot of people are under the impression ioi and co just pull numbers out of a hat and thus choose to ignore/badmouth VGChartz. The numbers are accurate enough though (especially considering thier a) weekly and b) free). Still, it is getting more popular and hopefully sometime it will be given the respect and attention it deserves.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

I like it tats what matters to me..

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

VG Chartz is fantastic, Its informative, Topical, and just a blast to be a part of.

I always suggest to my buddys that i talk to on xbox live to check this site out.

Most people don't know about this site, and it's not like ioi is doing much advertising. Videogame sales numbers are something that most people aren't going to try and search for unless they already know that they're interested. And most people would rather have largely incomplete (and often outdated) yet slightly more accurate numbers than what Vgchartz offers.

Around the Network

I like VGz just the way it is!

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

Just like the other guys here I love vgchartz, it's my favourite gaming site.

then we should advertise! i volunteer to lead the advertising team!

i wonder if ioi will pay me?

TalonMan said:
See that sig in ioi's profile (not the broken one, mind you - REMOVE THE TEST LINK, BRETT!!! :P ) - that's the kind of advertising we're aiming for. You guys putting these sigs in OTHER forums and helping direct traffic this way... :)

...so, GET TO IT!!!!

The main problem with that idea is that most people who visit Vgchartz never want to go back to an inferior forum again.

Not all gamers and especially not casuals know or even care about sales numbers. Hell, judging by some of the games that people buy, some people don't even care to read reviews for games. I think the site is relatively popular for being newer than some of the other video game sites.

I'll come up with something better eventually...