By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Brothers in arms: Hells Highway is quite an excellent game

I recently picked this up because it was on sale at Amazon for 28 bucks. I figured it was another poor mans call of duty...like frontlines:fuel of war or medal of honor lately.

It was a complete surprise to find that this game plays nothing like any other WW2 game I've ever played. Its a blend of FPS and RTS with a cover system...I've actually never played anything like this before...and I like it...a lot.

So with gameplay being very solid...and with the games strong visuals, story and voice acting...I highly recommend anyone to check this game out.

Solid 9/10 in my books.

Anyone else finds this game really appealing?  Are there any more games out there that utilize this style of gameplay?

Around the Network

How can you give a game with possibly the worst multiplayer in a game ever seen a 9/10? Maybe it's because you bought it for 28 bucks but the single player is great, the multiplayer is basically worthless. They should have never tried any multiplayer and extended the single player experience by a few hours and advertise it as a great single player game.

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%

erikers said:
How can you give a game with possibly the worst multiplayer in a game ever seen a 9/10? Maybe it's because you bought it for 28 bucks but the single player is great, the multiplayer is basically worthless. They should have never tried any multiplayer and extended the single player experience by a few hours and advertise it as a great single player game.

I was speaking about the campaign. I didn't even touch the multiplayer yet. Im at the last chapter in the single player campaign...will beat it tomorrow. My buddies are all sending me invites for Gears 2 and Left 4 dead demo and I'm like...no no, sorry this game is too good in single player.

I don't really look at howmuch the games cost and how long they last. Id rather take 6 hours of awesome gameplay than 40 hours of blah...

The SP owns every COD game and ever MOH game put together,the MP is gawd awful boring.

I'm surprised by your views on the game, because the demo i played of it was shit. I found the controls to be clunky and unresponsive, AI that was dumb at best and a very old and outdated graphics engine that would of only passed as a 360 launch title. But to each their own, and i'm glad you found a game you liked for only $28.

Around the Network

From what I've played of the single player campaign, I really disliked the game. Controls are pretty clunky, and well the cover system, doesn't exactly cover all. I blame the fact that I started playing from where someone else left off (I had no idea where I was, the point in the story I was in or where the enemies were), but still, controls were clunky.

the SP for Brothers in Arms always appealed to me more than COD's(except 4).
The cover, command and flank system is one of the best in how it works(when the AI doesnt go moronic on you)

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper  "no."  

- Rorschach

Griffin said:
I'm surprised by your views on the game, because the demo i played of it was shit. I found the controls to be clunky and unresponsive, AI that was dumb at best and a very old and outdated graphics engine that would of only passed as a 360 launch title. But to each their own, and i'm glad you found a game you liked for only $28.

If you consider an improved Unreal Engine 3 outdated maybe lol.

I really liked the game as well.  It's probably my favorite WW2 game sinice COD1.

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection

I really want to give it a shot. The developers put a lot of cool details.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

The price is down to $29.99 (even less used) so it's a good budget pickup

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection