By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Never seen an 360 game so long after release in Amazon bestseller chart !

The Elder Scrolls:IV launched 6 days ago in japan and it's still in Amazon bestseller chart.

I think this is an indication that it will have a decent drop 65% or something like GRAW2.

Other games had bigger drops like

Graw 265,1%
Saint's Row73,1%
Def Jem Icon 72,6%
Trusty Bell85,1%
Forza Motorsport 2 77,8%
Test Drive U.68,9%
Gears of War79,0%
Lost Planet72,1%
The Idolm@ster82,3%
Ninety nine nights82,5% 
Crackdown72,1%
Dead Rising 79,2%
DOA 489,9%
Ridge Racer 675,0%
Blue Dragon79,2%
Rumble Roses XX85,2%
PGR 381,2%
Armored Core 479,2%
Call of duty 383,3%
Enchanted Arms83,6%

We will see it next week what the drop will be.

If the game sells 60k first week and then with a drop of 66 % it will already be the third best sold 360 game LTD in Japan.
That's great news for an W-RPG! Maybe they will like Mass Effect too?

[

Around the Network

I REALLY think they'll like Mass Effect *if* they can properly advertise it.

Even though it is Western, and a hybrid shooter - it has alot of the sci-fi elements that the Japanese love. If you look at movies, sci-fi ones (Terminator, Matrix) do very very well there.

If Oblivion can get a 60-75% drop, we'll have a beast on our hands. To most, a 60% drop would be bad, but think about it: a 60% drop from 50k units for the week (a low number, IMO), would mean it's sold 70,000 units, or #5 on the all-time list in 2 weeks. Even overtaking Trusty Bell @ 6 weeks.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Looks good.

But I do have a question about 360 software in Japan.

This says that Blue Dragon was outsold by Gears of War.

Link: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/801/801624p1.html

or did I misread it?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Yes and no.

Blue Dragon was outsold THIS YEAR by Gears of War. This ammount (that IGN had), did not include last year's total sales.

Gears outsold Blue Dragon (at the time of that article) about 64,500 units to 63,000 units in 2007. However, Blue Dragon sold ~130,000 units in 2006.

However, Blue Dragon either has, or will, overtake Gears within 1-2 weeks. Likewise, Trusty Bell will overtake both (and leave them far behind for the year) in about 2 weeks.

And finally, Oblivion, if numbers hold, will out-do all 3 in 3 weeks, and end up being the #1 game for quite some time.

Is it possible that shops didn't pre-order to many units from the game (Oblivion) and that is the reason why it's still so high in the charts on amazon. Last time I checked higher then MP8 and HSG.
http://www.amazon.jp/gp/bestsellers/videogames/ref=pd_ts_vg_nav/250-8953170-9669863?pf_rd_m=AN1VRQENFRJN5&pf_rd_s=left-1&pf_rd_r=0MQZJ6JGXJ832GQW8BCQ&pf_rd_t=2101&pf_rd_p=50133006&pf_rd_i=home

[

Around the Network

Again, as many have said: Amazon is a very, very poor way to judge sales.

Retailer pre-orders for Oblivion were supposedly stronger than Trusty Bell. There could be plenty out there. Or, something could of happened. Nevertheless, I want to think there are plenty of units of OB out there.

all i know is that rpgs are what japan likes and its good thing microsoft is trying that approach, i expect mass effect and lost odyssey to do well as long as they get good hype, i can even see them help selling consoles

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.