By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Shane kim: Xbox 360's lifespan will be "One Day Longer than the PS3"

http://www.gamedaily.com/articles/news/xbox-360s-lifespan-will-be-one-day-longer-than-the-ps3-says-shane-kim/?biz=1

I guess this means Xbox 720 will not be coming out any time soon.

When Kim was asked how long Microsoft would make Xbox 360, he responded, "One day longer than the lifespan of the PlayStation 3."

Kim also reiterated the company line about Blu-ray, saying that Microsoft will not incorporate it into the 360 and that the HD media has hurt the PS3 because of its prohibitive cost. He put forth that digitally downloaded movies will be more important than Blu-ray down the line.

Around the Network

Where does it say that the Next Xbox can't coexist with the 360?

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

Doubt it.

4 ≈ One

considering it a third party made console, i doubt it.

the difference this generation ps3 its getting all multiplats sooner or later.

I love how they keep pumping out that Digital dist is the future and that blu ray is bs, lmao

Around the Network

But blu-ray is BS! And expensive!

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

actually my local target sells new blu rays for $20 now on release day, for 5 bucks more you get the best pic and sound...

sweettoof said:
actually my local target sells new blu rays for $20 now on release day, for 5 bucks more you get the best pic and sound...

all target stores sell BluRay movies for $20?

That's cheap.

Clearly Microsoft doesn't know that the PS3 is on a 10 year plan.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

sweettoof said:
I love how they keep pumping out that Digital dist is the future and that blu ray is bs, lmao

Have you any evidence to the contrary? We are living in an age where Digital distrubution on all fronts is rising on a weekly basis and has been since 2000. The music industry adopted it exceptionally fast, and in the space of 2 years downloads were beating hardcopy sales in that industry.

Movies may take longer but 2 years from now, especially with Netflix and whatever M$ bring to Europe next year Digital movie distrubution will take a large chunk of the market. Certainly in America from this christmas 360 having BluRay is of no value to the console. I bet Netflix subscription rates will have at the very least doubled by Summer 2009.