By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Factor 5 working on 'several' multi-platform and Wii-exclusive games.

@Nightdragon: What's worse is that their next 1st party project, Wii Sports: Resort, is being made by the exact same team that made Wii Music and AC:CF, and it isnt coming out in at least 6 months! It means that Nintendo is only using 1 of their 25 teams to make games. Very worrying situation if you would be asking me.

Sorry Off-topic.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

They don't have 25 teams trestres unless you count second parties which Nightdragon was not counting

"Might as well... when was the last time Nintendo themselves actually made a Starfox game? I believe it was Starfox 64. Lately Nintendo has been whoring out their franchises to third parties *cough* Starfox *cough* F-Zero *cough* or second parties or other smaller internal developer groups because they can't be bothered to do it themselves."

Starfox Assault and Command were freaking amazing, same with Starfox Adventures. Also, F-Zero GX is my second favourite F-Zero game as well as second favourite racing game.

elprincipe said:
Shadowblind said:

What games have these guys made? Anything half decent?

It's a mixed record.  The most impressive stuff they've put out is Rogue Squadron I-III.

I liked Super Turrican a lot ...

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

chasmatic12 said:
Isn't Factor 5 doing that Dracula game that IGN hinted at a while ago? Or am I confused?

You are confused ...

Actually you are confusing Factor5 with Renegade Kid.

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Around the Network
"One of our large-scale multi-platform projects was started with Brash because it is a dream property for us, hasn't been given its dues in gaming since the Atari 2600, and has a huge universe to draw from," teased Eggebrecht, who added that "things are obviously in flux and we hope that the game proves to be as indestructible as our hero..."

The Atari 2600 reference actually make me think they are working on an "Halloween" game.

Omega_Phazon_Pirate. said:
"Might as well... when was the last time Nintendo themselves actually made a Starfox game? I believe it was Starfox 64. Lately Nintendo has been whoring out their franchises to third parties *cough* Starfox *cough* F-Zero *cough* or second parties or other smaller internal developer groups because they can't be bothered to do it themselves."

Starfox Assault and Command were freaking amazing, same with Starfox Adventures. Also, F-Zero GX is my second favourite F-Zero game as well as second favourite racing game.

Yes, but my point was that NONE of those Starfox games were developed internally by Nintendo.  Adventures was originally Rare's N64 effort Dinosaur Planet, which was brought over to GC and slapped with the Starfox license at the request of Shiggy.  Assault on the GC was handled by Namco and was pretty mediocre, and Command was developed by Q-games, who are known for their PixelJunk games.

And i agree F-Zero GX was great, but again, that was Sega's Amusement Vision (of Super Monkey Ball fame) and not Nintendo that develped that.

This doesn't necessarily bother me as most Nintendo franchises have turned out pretty well in the hands of other companies/develpers... see the Metroid Prime series by Retro and the Donkey Kong Country and 64 games by Rare, and whatever franchise Factor 5 is working on i know that it's in very good hands so I'm not worried about that.

What bothers me is that Nintendo is now back in the #1 spot in terms of market share after spending almost a decade clawing at the #2 spot, and yet their overall game output has been lackluster at best.  Aside from additions to the top frachises like Twilight Princess, Galaxy and Mario Kart (screw Smash.. most over-rated game this generation IMO!), what have they put out in the 2 years the Wii has been on the market that's been noteworthy besides their pack-in tech demo (Wii Sports) and a few other offerings to their casual or expanded audience like Wii Fit?

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Well, we will have to see. I hope they are good games.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies