By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The 360 is looking to have a great 2009!

PC gamers will get to play Fable 2, Halo Wars, and Gears 2 at an undisclosed date in the future. It will be a good long while after I play them though.

And I guess because games are multi-play, they are no longer good things for people that own a 360?

Around the Network
lwhatee said:
JaggedSac said:
Gobias said:
JaggedSac said:
DMeisterJ said:
JaggedSac said:
Actually, Banjo N&B, Fable 2, and Gears 2 had no media or info about them until this year. Banjo wasn't announced till May and Gears 2 till March. Halo 3:Recon is an expansion pack. Bungie, Rare, Lionhead, and Gearbox all have projects in the works we will probably not hear about until next year.

No.  Banjo was announced at X06, and Fable 2 was announced in 2006 also.  Gears 2 was announced at GDC, so that's correct.   >_>

Edit:

An expansion doesn't count?

LOL.  Those trailers just confirmed what everyone knew.  There was no info in there.  That Banjo trailer had nothing about vehicles in there.  Those are just what we call teaser trailers.

But lest we forget, the Best game this year was announced only 8 months ago.

I don't get why you're trying to defend MS on this trivial matter, DMJ is right, MS does the same thing Sony does.

Also, GTA4 wasn't announced 8 months ago, which is by far the biggest game this year both in sales and reviews.

Fixed. LOL.

But, yes I was wrong about them not announcing those games till this year.  I had forgotten, to be completely honest.  Although I think Banjo was meant to come out in '07 and they did that massive retinnkering to add the vehicles.

BEST game???????????

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Gears2 meta score ---93.5.

MGS4 meta score --94.35

LBP meta score --95.4

GTA4 meta score ---98

There is no way Gears2 will get GOTY award from any major website

MGS4

10/10 from IGN

10/10 from GS

10/10 from over 100 webistes worldwide

GTA4

10/10 from IGN

10/10 from GS

10/10 from over 100 websites worldwide

Gears2

9.5 from IGN

9 from GS

8 and 9 from most eu websites.

LBP

9.5 from IGN

9 from GS

10 from EDGE (a sony hater)

10/10 from over 200 websites worldwide

You are an example of a delirium that some people have called "reveiwsmeaneverythingitus". The best cure is to stay off forums for 2-3 weeks, drink lots of water and eat healthy food. And Gobias, I could just as well say WKC will come to 360 and it would make the same amount of contextual sense as saying Star Ocean 4 will come to PS3.

"BUT BUT LEVEL 5 HAS BETTER RELATIONS WITH SONY AND ARE THE FIRST PARTY YES"

Thats fantastic, but thats not what I'm talking about. Discounting an exclusive just because you "think" its gonna go multiplat is one of the stupidest things people can doconcerning games.

Lols, I'm not bashing you though. But I really have gotten sick of people doing this. We could discount FFXIII Versus with the same argument. 

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Shadowblind said:

You are an example of a delirium that some people have called "reveiwsmeaneverythingitus". The best cure is to stay off forums for 2-3 weeks, drink lots of water and eat healthy food. And Gobias, I could just as well say WKC will come to 360 and it would make the same amount of contextual sense as saying Star Ocean 4 will come to PS3.

Thats fantastic, but thats not what I'm talking about. Discounting an exclusive just because you "think" its gonna go multiplat is one of the stupidest things people can do on the internet. 

Edit: Nevermind.

Shadowblind said:

Thats fantastic, but thats not what I'm talking about. Discounting an exclusive just because you "think" its gonna go multiplat is one of the stupidest things people can doconcerning games.

Lols, I'm not bashing you though. But I really have gotten sick of people doing this. We could discount FFXIII Versus with the same argument. 

Did you just have an argument with yourself?

SE has a boner for multi-platform games, SO4 has a way higher chance of going MP than WKC does.

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com

Gobias said:
Shadowblind said:

SE has a boner for multi-platform games, SO4 has a way higher chance of going MP than WKC does.

Yeah. WKC is paid for and published by Sony.  They actual own the IP.

SO4 would be better compared to FFXIII.

Around the Network

Wow at the massive chain quotes.

SO4 will most likely go to PS3.

Gobias said:
Shadowblind said:

If you want to think that, sure, be my guest. I think makingmusic understood the idea.

But if you want another example, then I could use any third party game as an example. And if you want to look to the past instead of the future, take Tekken 6. Before it was announced for 360 as well as DMC4, would you have discounted them as non-exclusives for the PS3? I should hope nobody discounted Tekken 6 as an exclusive just "cause they thought" it would go to 360 as well.

Methinks not.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

goddog said:
Blacksaber said:
Huxley? Never heard of it...

its a phantom game, we here that it will be great every now and then.... then it disappears for a bit.... supposed to come out next summer .... it feels to me too much like too human in terms of talk about the game without gameplay, hands on to back it up

http://news.bigdownload.com/2008/11/14/no-huxley-us-launch-in-2008/

1st half of 2009

Coca-Cola said:
goddog said:
Blacksaber said:
Huxley? Never heard of it...

its a phantom game, we here that it will be great every now and then.... then it disappears for a bit.... supposed to come out next summer .... it feels to me too much like too human in terms of talk about the game without gameplay, hands on to back it up

http://news.bigdownload.com/2008/11/14/no-huxley-us-launch-in-2008/

1st half of 2009

There is little chance that this game will be good, but heres hoping.

Shadowblind said:
Gobias said:
Shadowblind said:

If you want to think that, sure, be my guest. I think makingmusic understood the idea.

But if you want another example, then I could use any third party game as an example. And if you want to look to the past instead of the future, take Tekken 6. Before it was announced for 360 as well as DMC4, would you have discounted them as non-exclusives for the PS3? I should hope nobody discounted Tekken 6 as an exclusive just "cause they thought" it would go to 360 as well.

Methinks not.

Obviously I would not have, because there was almost no reason to assume those games were going MP. On the other hand, even with a decent knowledge of SE's history this generation (combined with MS's tendency to crack open the chequebook) it's pretty obvious that SO4 has high chances of going MP at some point in its life.

Microsoft just doesn't have very many "true" exclusives this generation (ie. not timed, not on PC, etc) and theres a very, very small chance the SO4 will become one of those true exclusives, it has too many things working against it.

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com