By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - LBP deserves more sales than Gears 2 and Fable 2 combined

If LBP shows the legs most say it deserves, Sony should readvertise it once they do the long awaited price cut and/or PS3 Slim launch.
BTW MS is heavily advertising XB360 in Italy with those appalling open head geeks commercials, shouldn't PS3 price be still so high compared to italian low and middle classes wages, Sony would eat MS for breakfast, with their lame ads. But 399€ is 1/2 of call centers employees' or other underpaid and far too common jobs typical for young people net wage, still too much just for what it should be one of consoles main targets besides kids.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

No game deserves anything. It either gets sales or it doesn't...

NOt everyone has a PS3 unfortunately.

^_^

Smash_Brother said:
johnsobas said:
yea yea i can name hundreds of games that deserve better sales than gears 2 and fable 2 but i'm not gonna make a thread about it.

They're not bad games (not Gears, anyway) but it fucking kills me to see hyped sequels getting piles of sales while something new, different and insanely fun doesn't make the same numbers.

That's the industry, though, I suppose.

No, you're right gears and fable are good games, but this industry isn't that new.  There are tons of games that deserved better sales.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

No. LBP doesn't deserve those kind of sales imo.

Okami does. Screw the PS2/Wii transit, this game deserves the best, simply one of a kind genius game.

All those who hadn't played it....you have missed so much.

Huh. Who would've thought that beggining anew in my real life would coincide with starting anew on vgchartz?

Any day now, the dollar will be worth less than 2 zloty......any day now.....and my life savings will be in total jepordy ;(.

Around the Network
TheTruthHurts! said:

You are right.....about the "should be played by everyone regardless of console affiliation" the game is a amazing. I dont agree with the thread title though (IMO). Both Gears 2 and Fable 2 are amazing as well, and are completely different types of games, deserving of completely different types of sales.

nothin to add except "+1"

Define deserves.

Menago KF said:
No. LBP doesn't deserve those kind of sales imo.

Okami does. Screw the PS2/Wii transit, this game deserves the best, simply one of a kind genius game.

All those who hadn't played it....you have missed so much.

LBP does, it's awesome

Okami too was gorgeous

Same for Ico and Psychonauts, and probably many other great games that did not succeed as good as they deserved to

Don`t worry, LBP LTD sales will be over 10 mln. by the time of PS4 release.
It`s an AAA game.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=12778&region=All
Number -------- Japan America Others Total
Week 1 -------- 16,494 35,097 85,100 136,691
Year 1(almost) 0.06m 0.78m 1.11m 1.95m

2 mln. in 1 year for also a GREAT game. And LBP is BIGGER, than Uncharted. =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Life is unfair, there isn't anything we can do about it.