By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Orange Box gets price cut

Blame Infinity Ward for that, IllegalPaladin, not Steam.

If you find the PC version of COD4 cheaper in stores it's because they're taking a bigger hit to get the games off the shelves.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:
Blame Infinity Ward for that, IllegalPaladin, not Steam.

If you find the PC version of COD4 cheaper in stores it's because they're taking a bigger hit to get the games off the shelves.

CoD4 continues to sell well, so... no reason for Activision (Infinity Ward doesn't determine prices; they're just the developer) to discount it until they're down to secondary/discount sales.

It would be like Nintendo discounting the Wii while it's still selling strong at current prices.

Is this a permanent price drop or a temp discount?

I don't have access to my Steam account until I do a clean install of Vista64, and I'm not planning on using XP Pro for gaming.

I was going to buy a copy of Orange Box for PC through Amazon (which was around $30 until the price recently went up), but I'd much rather have the game on my Steam account, even though I've already played through everything on the Xbox version.

LEft4dead and orange box may both come in my pocket ...

Time to Work !

I guess I wasn't being clear there, I was talking about COD4 in general and not just on Steam. I was simply saying a year old Orange Box is nice and cheap while a year old Call of Duty 4 is still the same price.

It needs to sell worse so they can lower the price so I can get it and play online.

Around the Network
libellule said:
LEft4dead and orange box may both come in my pocket ...

If you're buying both ($75? $80?), I'd just buy the Valve Complete Pack for $99. It should include everything Valve has published for like what? $20 more?

If I hadn't already purchased a bunch of Valve games through Steam, I would definitely have done this when they added L4D to the Complete Pack.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/500/

That complete pack is a pretty good deal.

It's crazy that not only do you get EVERYTHING valve has done, but you also get Left4Dead.

Well the deal became a lot better after adding a new $50 game for the same $99 price.

That's pretty much Valve's way of saying they want you to have all their programs to the point that they're willing to simply give away a bunch of them in the process. Much appreciated by gamers I'm sure.

Yes, that's what I said, just without prices.

vlad321 said:
!(*@)#&&^$(

I bought this thing again a month ago for the full price....

This is definately a good thing. After the L4D demo (and game) came out, the number of servers you can connect to has dropped from ~ 3200 to ~ 2000, and according to some stats, the total played time is now down at just below 60% of what it used to be. It's not certain if those people will come back, and it is likely that more people will leave now than it was before.

Also, this is a price drop for a Valve pack, TF2 used to cost 19.99 dollars, and it still does. So if you already owned HL2, this won't be a difference for you.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS