By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - My 7th Okami Anniversary

.....aaaannnnnddddd that's no. 8 (not in a row though).

Go, buy this game.

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz
Around the Network

Phaw. Proud? Any less amount would be underplaying it (only somewhat joking).

7000 praise, and I take it you weren't playing on an already completed file, right? So all the beads still had to be found and so forth.

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195

Dear lord. I've /almost/ played through it once. Anyway, kudos to you. Quite an achievement!

Thanks! Although, this is more of the games doing than my own.

Okami

You hadn't found all the sun pieces after 7 goes?

I missed 7 of them on my first go, but found them all the second time.... my second play file is going to become my complete one (I hope) I just need to find about 7-8 treasures and some animals I haven't fed... and of course the main time consumer will be beads, which I am missing quite a few (about 30 I think)

I am talking about the continuous file of course, so my second playthrough did run from the first... but that doesn't really make much difference other than it being easier because you already have the good weapons, and praise. (I think basing it on what Rol said above, I must have finished the original playthrough with about 5200 praise, because I had filled the life, and astral pouch upgrades, and had 1 left each for ink and wallet size)

Oh crap, I forgot about the fish... I am missing quite a few of them because I barely fished at all on the first file other than what the story needs, so probably almost half of the fish file missing.

-------

Also why did you mention you haven't used the karmic transformers?... do thay actually do anything other than change the look?

Around the Network

I don't think I have (then again, maybe I have, now that I think about it). Hm, I'll have to check.

Yeah, the karmic transformers just change your look; I mentioned them because I hadn't needed to change things up that much after 7 (now 8) times in a row.

Okami

appolose said:
I don't think I have (then again, maybe I have, now that I think about it). Hm, I'll have to check.

Yeah, the karmic transformers just change your look; I mentioned them because I hadn't needed to change things up that much after 7 (now 8) times in a row.

tbh the ones I have seen (I have 8, I think there might be a 9th) are all ugly, it's nicer running around as the original.

I presume if there is a 9th it puts you as the amaterasu from 100 years ago? with the swirly white bits... if so then that might actually be one I would use.

Oh, and if you found all the sun pieces you would have 20 of the life things (suns?) in the corner

RolStoppable said:
appolose said:
Phaw. Proud? Any less amount would be underplaying it (only somewhat joking).

7000 praise, and I take it you weren't playing on an already completed file, right? So all the beads still had to be found and so forth.

Of course I played on a new file. It wouldn't have been a challenge to get a complete file in a short amount of time, if I had played with all the good stuff from an already finished file.

Just making sure.

This is going to be difficult.

@TWRoO

They're ugly, huh?  Ah well, I'll try them anyways.  Also, yes, I think the 9th one is the 100 years ago Okami.

Right, there should be twenty.  I know I didn' have that last time because I skipped the lasst spider bandit accidentally.

Okami

Paul is dead.  In a speedrun, no less.

Okami

i bought the wii version and never got 2 hours into it... let alone beat it 7 times in a row

hello how are you.