By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Square Enix- Fun Developing for the 360

theprof00 said:

i bet Sony is furious. A lot of cigarettes were brutally extinguished in anger by sony employees when this news came out.

Where do you find these hilarious pictures?

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

Around the Network

lol, it was the best i could do. I wanted a japanese guy putting out a cigarette or a cigarette falling out of someones mouth in shock as a gif, but no can do... LMAO

I think that people are glamorizing coding too much.

Finding new ways of optimizing coding on a difficult system isn't always a 'good' thing. That means it's most likely taking resources away from other branches of your company such as focusing on game improvements, because the technology is difficult to work with.

If a system is easy to work with, then that means that you need less labor allocation to get to a specific milestone on your system - which is cheaper, and allows for implementation of bigger & better things.

This is why The Last Remnant, even if it's not perfect, is coming out this year on the X360 versus next year (if ever) for the Playstation 3.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Grahamhsu said:
theprof00 said:

i bet Sony is furious. A lot of cigarettes were brutally extinguished in anger by sony employees when this news came out.

Where do you find these hilarious pictures?

Sorry...the picture was really bad. So i made this one:

Goddbless said:
@ ChronotriggerJM

So you find it boring when devs figure new things out on the 360 but not on the PS3? Because devs figure out new things for both consoles all the time. We hear about the breakthroughs on the PS3 because most times it was way harder to do.

The big prob with the 360, is that there doesn't really seem to be an "figuring things out" on the 360... the Cores are general purpose... they do everything, the memory is unfied.... it does everything... the main structure of the 360 was built so that there really is no "figuring anything out". It was a smart decision for overal performance, but leaves little to the imagination :P Sony always makes thinks awkwardly complicated, but they can utilize so much more potential than a standard setup. The PS2 obviously had much inferior specs to the xbox, but still produced titles that some might consider much better looking/running. I'm not sure how Sony does it, but man do they :P I'm just saying that the PS3 has way more "tricks up it's sleeves" that the 360 does because the hardware is so different from anything worked on before. People are going to be figuring out new ways to work for years to come still, and when they do, I'm always happy to read about it :)

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.