By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Square Enix Building U.S. Studio - Looking for 360 Developers

My final fantasy DS remakes and other square-enix DS remakes dollars hard at work!

Around the Network
blazinhead89 said:
abandoning PS3? Reading too much into the article.

^^ This,  they are simply expanding their business not transforming it.

I don't see anywhere that implies they are shutting down one aspect of their business in order to start another.

To Each Man, Responsibility
pbroy said:
Maybe it was part of the deal to bring Final Fantasy 13 to 360. Microsoft had to buy a building and pay for all development of anything that is released on the 360 and Wii in, the US. The first projects being the port of FF13 and Wii FF Crystal game.

LOLOL

....you're not serious are you?

Sqrl said:
blazinhead89 said:

I don't see anywhere that implies they are shutting down one aspect of their business in order to start another.

Well, maybe the fact that the PS3 is far behind in NA and they are planning to focus that studio on NA.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

I wonder if this studio can help with the localization of various games in the future?

Anyway, my guess is that they already have enough Sony Devs currently on Staff or lined up.

Around the Network

ps -I've learned that calling Crazzyman a fanboy will get you banned...

ps x 2- You're a fanboy!

hahahahahaha :D

Godot said:
Sqrl said:
blazinhead89 said:

Well, maybe the fact that the PS3 is far behind in NA and they are planning to focus that studio on NA.

That would mean that the 360 and Wii stand to gain the most from this particular move, not that the PS3 was going to be abandoned.

If, for example, Taco Bell were to open 10 new locations in Florida, would they then be forced to close all of their locations in California?

Obviously not. That kind of logic makes no sense.  It just means that Florida is going to get 10 new taco bells while California retains the same number they have. 

PS - Note that they are talking about hiring new staff here and not about shifting their existing staff to 360 and Wii projects.

To Each Man, Responsibility
papflesje said:
ps -I've learned that calling Crazzyman a fanboy will get you banned...

ps x 2- You're a fanboy!

hahahahahaha :D

;)

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

Looks into thread...sees first comment by gebx about article.....realizes again why gebx had been banned....{chuckles to himself}

Do people still think game companies are abandoning the PS3? 17 Million consoles WW is nothing now is it??

Valve who are very arrogant themselves said they didn't expect PS3's userbase to rise & they think business wise it would now make sense to have their games on it....then why would S-E abandon the PS3?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
Looks into thread...sees first comment by gebx about article.....realizes again why gebx had been banned....{chuckles to himself}

Do people still think game companies are abandoning the PS3? 17 Million consoles WW is nothing now is it??

Valve who are very arrogant themselves said they didn't expect PS3's userbase to rise & they think business wise it would now make sense to have their games on it....then why would S-E abandon the PS3?

but they havent sold 17m according to vgchartz....

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)