By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The better console for value.

^Million just because it never happened to you or you don't notice doesn't change the fact that wired for gaming has been and at this rate will always be best. Look at the top CS players do any of them even use a wireless mouse? If pro gamers can't even trust a wireless mouse do you think the top players even consider wifi? I'm not sure if anyone here is claiming it's slow but the truth is Wired > Wireless in your gaming performance no matter what. Period, this isn't opinion but fact.

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

Around the Network

It all comes down to personal preference really.

@MikeB
I've read a book on physics but you don't find me foolish enough to argue string theory with a physicist. NJ5 is a programmer and through reading this thread it is obvious he has more knowledge on the subject matter than you. Instead of arguing with someone out of your league why don't you find a way to explain why R2's graphics didn't make our heads explode like you said it would.

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

I think the 360 is awesome but the 360's get RROD's but you have 3 year warrenty on it if you don't void it, Personally i would choose the 360 for its online and games.

Grahamhsu said:
^Million just because it never happened to you or you don't notice doesn't change the fact that wired for gaming has been and at this rate will always be best. Look at the top CS players do any of them even use a wireless mouse? If pro gamers can't even trust a wireless mouse do you think the top players even consider wifi? I'm not sure if anyone here is claiming it's slow but the truth is Wired > Wireless in your gaming performance no matter what. Period, this isn't opinion but fact.

All 3 controlers are wireless , 2/3 of the 3 have Wi-fi , If Microsoft could put  Wi-Fi in the 360 free of charge they wouldn't because they'd rather make up the price of their cheaper hardware.

Please don't talk about "pro" players or wireless mouses because Wi-Fi is completley different , they don't even represent 20% of the overall gaming industry.

Around the Network

^That still doesn't change the fact that wired is better.

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

PS3 controllers can be wired if you want them to be remember.

Soul_tech10 said:

Hello fellow gamers. I have been looking all over the internet and I am seeing questions and threads asking which console is more convinient. The Sonyians say that theirs is the Microsoftish say that theirs is, which leaves the person who asked the question all cnfused.

I will now say they truth about both console without involving any means of bashing, fanboying etc, etc...

If one wants to buy an Xbox 360 then they have 3 choices: Arcade, Premium and Elite.

The Arcade is the basic version and has no HDD which you will need to buy. price  $/€180  £130The Premium is the most bought version of the Xbox 360. It has a 60 GB HDD and includes all wires necessary for TV's and contains a headset. price $299, €239 £169. The Elite is the most special and nicest version. It's matte black and has a 120 GB HDD, and once again all cables and a headset. price $399, €/£299.

Now let's move onto the PS3.

The PS3  is available in one main hardware version which is named after the size of its HDD. The 80GB version, a limited edition 160GB version is also available.The PS3 contains a Blu-ray drive, a HDD, intergrated wi-fi, free online play. price £299, $/€399.

Summary: The Xbox 360 is cheaper thanb the PS3  in terms of shelf price but buying the Arcade version means buying a HDD of either 20GB or 120GB that cost  $/€100 and €/$ 180 respectively, you might also need the wi-fi adapter that costs another €/$ 100. Then there is online play that costs €/$ 50 a year. So buy adding it all up just for the first year an xbox 360 Arcade will cost between $/€ 430 and 510 (depending on which HDD you buy) and will cost an extra 50 each year. buying the premium means that a wi-fi adapter will also be necessary, onlin play isn't free either so it will cost again for the first year $449, €389, Buying the Elite also means buyiing a wi-fi adapter and paying for online play, so$549, €449. The Playstation 3 comes with everything in the bos, HDD, Wi-Fi, free online play, Blu-ray and many other features, so by paying a one time fee of 399 you will save both money and time.

I did my part, the rest is up to you...                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Another one of these threads, I can this was slanted to the PS3 lets clear up some facts

I am in the US so I will use US dollats

If you buy the arcade version you DO NOT HAVE to buy a HDD thats why you are buying the arcade. Plus MS has a deal for $20.00 you can get the 20gb Hard drive.  You DO NOT HAVE to buy the wi fi adapter simply plug in an thernet to the ethernet port and its free no wi fi needed unless you need and want it.

If you want to play multiplayer online you will need to buy an online card but the silver membership is free.  Also you can get them on sale here in the US for $40.00 for 13 months which is $3.00 a month.

So before you advise to get a PS3 as you did get the facts on what and how they are going to use the 360.  They may just want to play a few fun games and not go online were the arcade as is would be fine.

Plus using simple math get a 360 Pro comes with 20Gb HDD (selling out fast see amazon.com) HD wires for $260.00 a $50.00 mutiplayer card and still $90.00 cheaper than the PS3 at $400.00 also you left out the HDMI cable 360 pro comes with it PS3 does not add another $40.00 fo the cable and the 360 is$130.00 cheaper

So decide on what you need and make a decsion also look at what games you want to play if you want to play Halo, Gears and fable you need the 360.  Resistance, uncharted and Gran Turisomo PS3

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

Play Fallout 3 for £339.98 (£299.99 + £39.99), or play it for £169.98 (£129.99 + £39.99).

Which one is the best value?

Mendicate Bias said:
 NJ5 is a programmer and through reading this thread it is obvious he has more knowledge on the subject matter than you. Instead of arguing with someone out of your league why don't you find a way to explain why R2's graphics didn't make our heads explode like you said it would.

LOL. A bit like such a logic, like the president's advisor may not have an opinion on or does not have knowledge regarding polictics because he's not a politician....

BTW, what do you mean with regard to Resistance 2's graphics? That was Killzone 2.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales