By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The better console for value.

Hello fellow gamers. I have been looking all over the internet and I am seeing questions and threads asking which console is more convinient. The Sonyians say that theirs is the Microsoftish say that theirs is, which leaves the person who asked the question all cnfused.

I will now say they truth about both console without involving any means of bashing, fanboying etc, etc...

If one wants to buy an Xbox 360 then they have 3 choices: Arcade, Premium and Elite.

The Arcade is the basic version and has no HDD which you will need to buy. price  $/€180  £130The Premium is the most bought version of the Xbox 360. It has a 60 GB HDD and includes all wires necessary for TV's and contains a headset. price $299, €239 £169. The Elite is the most special and nicest version. It's matte black and has a 120 GB HDD, and once again all cables and a headset. price $399, €/£299.

Now let's move onto the PS3.

The PS3  is available in one main hardware version which is named after the size of its HDD. The 80GB version, a limited edition 160GB version is also available.The PS3 contains a Blu-ray drive, a HDD, intergrated wi-fi, free online play. price £299, $/€399.

Summary: The Xbox 360 is cheaper thanb the PS3  in terms of shelf price but buying the Arcade version means buying a HDD of either 20GB or 120GB that cost  $/€100 and €/$ 180 respectively, you might also need the wi-fi adapter that costs another €/$ 100. Then there is online play that costs €/$ 50 a year. So buy adding it all up just for the first year an xbox 360 Arcade will cost between $/€ 430 and 510 (depending on which HDD you buy) and will cost an extra 50 each year. buying the premium means that a wi-fi adapter will also be necessary, onlin play isn't free either so it will cost again for the first year $449, €389, Buying the Elite also means buyiing a wi-fi adapter and paying for online play, so$549, €449. The Playstation 3 comes with everything in the bos, HDD, Wi-Fi, free online play, Blu-ray and many other features, so by paying a one time fee of 399 you will save both money and time.

I did my part, the rest is up to you...                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

PS3 Trophies

DS: 120,000,000; Wii: 60,000,000; Xbox 360: 38,000,000; PlayStation 3: 34,000,000; PlayStation Portable: 60,000,000

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network

I hope sony pays you for your time...

Value is subjective.

/thread

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

well this is a close one to call

but if i was to put my money on it, i would have to say playstation 3 is the best value for money device out there.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Soul_tech, my friend, you just single handedly turned the tide of the entire console war with that informative post! Job well done, mate!!

Around the Network

i like your sarcasm my friend however im trying to help confused people not tunr the tide of a multi billion dollar industry.

PS3 Trophies

DS: 120,000,000; Wii: 60,000,000; Xbox 360: 38,000,000; PlayStation 3: 34,000,000; PlayStation Portable: 60,000,000

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

You know who invented sarcasm? Pfft. *rolls eyes* I did.

You forgot the play and charge kit.

This is extremely subjective. For me the 360 is better value for money unless you want blu ray and/or to play online. They are going to have virtually identical games so no real point having both unless you must absolutely have GT5, MG4, LBP, Gears of War, Halo,etc.

The best value for money 360 is the Premium not the Elite. It comes with a 60gb hard drive which is more than big enough (after all most PS3s sold have probably been 40gb). There is no need shelling out the extra money for the Elite when the only benefits are a free HDMI cable, a different colour and an extra 60gb space. Those things may make it desirable for some but certainly not better value for money.

Here in the UK the Premium cost £170. I got a good HDMI cable for £10 (bear in mind the PS3 doesn't come with a HDMI cable so you would have to shell out money for one if you got a PS3). I also got a 10m ethernet cable for £10. I run the cable to my PC and use the PCs wireless connectivity to go online on the 360 avoiding the need for the ridiculously priced wireless adapter. So for a total of £190 I am good to go. If my wireless was downstairs I could have just plugged the free ethernet cable into the wireless reducing my cost to £180.

The PS3 cost £280. I would also have had to pay £10 for HDMI cable bringing cost to £290 vs £190 for 360 making 360 generally better value for money. However, if you were looking to get a blu ray player and/or want to play online then even with the extra £100 the PS3 is better value for money. But as I said very subjective.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Do you honestly believe that anyone that visits this site wouldn't already know this?

Plus you kinda made it sound like you HAVE to get a HDD, wifi-adapter and live...if you don't want/need these than you can get a system that plays 90% of the PS3's games at half price - some of the games will even look and run better on the 360...but again anyone reading this already knows this.