By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Circuit City closures

Circuit City is scaling back the amount of stores open. Check and see if the ones near you are closing.  Games are 15% off. I picked up No More Heroes and Bully for $25 each. The stores that are closing are liquidating their entire stock, so if yu need stereo gear, car stuff, computers, etc, drop by one of the stores that are closing.

Around the Network

are there any websites/links that list which stores are closing? I'm not driving to the mall just to find out they are still open for business.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

I don't think any of the ones by me are closing but if any of them are I could do some holiday shopping. =]

nordlead said:
are there any websites/links that list which stores are closing? I'm not driving to the mall just to find out they are still open for business.

Here ya go. At the end of the article there's a PDF with the listing of closures

http://www.engadget.com/2008/11/03/circuit-city-announces-store-closure-plans-full-list-of-locatio/

the one near us is doing fine

Around the Network
bardicverse said:

Circuit City is scaling back the amount of stores open. Check and see if the ones near you are closing.  Games are 15% off. I picked up No More Heroes and Bully for $25 each. The stores that are closing are liquidating their entire stock, so if yu need stereo gear, car stuff, computers, etc, drop by one of the stores that are closing.

Eh. Circuit City sucks. You can get No More Heroes for $19.82 at Wal-Mart. And I  also think those two games have been on sale for $20 at a few stores on a couple occasions.

I went to Circuit City to see what they had and their selection was mostly garbage with just a few games left. It's not worth going there. Also, their movie selection wasn't that great either and also a waste of money. They had movies marked for $20 minus the 20% off they had for DVD's so that would come out to still $16! Why I say that is a waste of money is because some of those movies are regularly on sale or even regular price for $15 or even just $10. Not to mention, Circuit City isn't even honoring their own sales prices in the ads. So a movie can be on sale for $10 one of the stores staying open but the store having a going out of business clearance sale is more expensive. How stupid is that?

Leave it to Circuit City to be a waste of time and money even in death.

I'll come up with something better eventually...

bardicverse said:
nordlead said:

Here ya go. At the end of the article there's a PDF with the listing of closures

http://www.engadget.com/2008/11/03/circuit-city-announces-store-closure-plans-full-list-of-locatio/

Thanks. I was right, the one in Syracuse isn't closing down. It would be stupid to anyways, since they are currently building what will be the biggest mall in the world here.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

coasterlove said:
bardicverse said:

Circuit City is scaling back the amount of stores open. Check and see if the ones near you are closing. Games are 15% off. I picked up No More Heroes and Bully for $25 each. The stores that are closing are liquidating their entire stock, so if yu need stereo gear, car stuff, computers, etc, drop by one of the stores that are closing.

Eh. Circuit City sucks. You can get No More Heroes for $19.82 at Wal-Mart. And I also think those two games have been on sale for $20 at a few stores on a couple occasions.

I went to Circuit City to see what they had and their selection was mostly garbage with just a few games left. It's not worth going there. Also, their movie selection wasn't that great either and also a waste of money. They had movies marked for $20 minus the 20% off they had for DVD's so that would come out to still $16! Why I say that is a waste of money is because some of those movies are regularly on sale or even regular price for $15 or even just $10. Not to mention, Circuit City isn't even honoring their own sales prices in the ads. So a movie can be on sale for $10 one of the stores staying open but the store having a going out of business clearance sale is more expensive. How stupid is that?

Leave it to Circuit City to be a waste of time and money even in death.

Hmm good point. I just use them opposed to Best Buy. I find Best Buy to be even more unreliable.  Of course, if you want cheap DVDs and Games, buy used from Ebay or amazon ;)

I've never liked Circuit City. Ever. I'll tell you why. I think their ads are generally nothing more than a fake reason to get you into the store. I love movies and buying DVD's. So often, when a big movie would come out on Tuesday, I'd get there fairly early in the day, about noon, maybe 1pm or so. I'd walk into the store to buy the big movie they advertised in the ad. The reason I chose to go there was they maybe had it a dollar cheaper than the Best Buy. And since the two stores were in the same general area, I'd go to CC since they were slightly cheaper. So I walk in the store and look for the movie and become confused and lost by their disarray of messy racks. Finally, I try to find a worker which isn't easy sometimes there. When I do find one, they're more confused than me. Then they tell me that they sold out of it. What!?!? You just opened two or three hours ago! And it's not like anyone was shopping there so there was no mad rush of people. I think the proof is that they're closing many of their stores and other financial trouble even before this economic crisis.

So I take my Circuit City ad and head to the Best Buy where I'm surrounded my walls of displays of their new releases, all in stock, nicely laid out. I pick up my copy, walk to the register, they price match my movie and I walk out smiles. I never leave satisfied from Circuit City. Their service is a joke. The stores are always laid out poorly and games and movies aren't categorized well. The stores always looks depressing, dark and dirty.

I think anyone can look and compare Best Buy and Circuit City and see why one is suffering horribly and closing stores and the other seems to be doing ok considering the economy. The only reason I'd want for Circuit City to remain is to offer competition for Best Buy and that gives them a reason to be competitve and always offer a better store.

I'll come up with something better eventually...

^^^ perhaps, but I found great discourtesy at Best Buy many times. Very snobby, over-opinionated people working there. Also, there have been a few business practices done by BB that have rubbed me the wrong way. I only go there if I'm given a BB gift card. All of my games I get from TrU, all computer stuff I get from newegg.com, and I don't buy DVDs . I can always find a better deal online for home electronics, and my music I get from iTunes. So, unless I happen to be in the stores like BB or CC for something specific, I tend not to buy any of the above from them.