By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Big week for releases.. 26 Wii, 23 DS, 16 360, 15 PC, 11 PS3, 11 PS2, 2 PSP

darthdevidem01 said:
Squilliam said:
I want them all, and I want them now!

Yes, thats influenced by a Queen song. Got a problem?

Yes I do.....you even want -- Petz Catz Clan

I thought you were a dog person squilliam!

If im buying all these games, I might not have enough money for dog food. So I improvised!

Tease.

Around the Network

Left 4 Dead!

Left4Dead for PC comes a day after the 360 version? and also, is the game available on retail or it's only available through Steam?

One has to wonder if Christmas season is worth being just another game in the deluge. I think we'll start to see more and more companies trying to release bigger games during slower times. Sure less people are buying games, but those that do will be a lot more likely to buy yours.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

stof said:
One has to wonder if Christmas season is worth being just another game in the deluge. I think we'll start to see more and more companies trying to release bigger games during slower times. Sure less people are buying games, but those that do will be a lot more likely to buy yours.

Lots of people share that wonder, including me. Buying all these games at once means if you start playing one more often than others, the others get neglected. Evening the releases out gives you time to actually play them all.

Around the Network

Not surprising. Usually more games are released in the period of later September to the end of Novemeber than the rest of the months in the year combined.

Are more games also purchased in that period as well? It would make sense.

just socom confrontation left for me now, i will pick resistance and motorstorm early next year now.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

This gives a nice picture of how bad things looks for the PSP. 2 multi-platform releases in the same week as it's direct competitor has 23 games coming out. I think that says it all. My prediction about the PSP being dead to third parties about mid 2009 will hold true. 2010 will be it's last year.

PSP is not dead to third parties, it just has a lot less than the DS, but it has enough support to stay alive... Plus, the 1st party is amazing and they're not making a loss by handheld, so the PSP is not going anywhere at least they want to have a head start before the DS2 comes out, or Microsoft comes with a handheld to screw with Sony instead of going after Ninty XD XD