By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Banjo Nuts and Bolts is Great!!

So for the past two days I've been doing nothing but playing Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts. Gears 2 fever? Ha that's so yesterday! All I can say is if you enjoy puzzles, if you enjoy interactive puzzles where the entire world is your physics machine than you will hands down enjoy Banjo Kazooie. To me it's one of the smartest games this generation, because those little jiggy games in each world, though they may be easy, can also be, hard, interesting, confusing, and extremely joyful to do well. I love how there's different ways to complete the quests depending on how you made your vehicle!

For example, one of the jiggy games involved me going up to gather nuts on top of a platform that's high up and hard to drive to. What did I do? I said screw it, since almost everything in the Banjo world is breakable I created a floating truck made with balloons, run into the nut sucker (it sucks the nuts in...) and that breaks it off the wall! Put the nutsucker in my floating truck and voila, instead of bringing the nuts to the delivery, I brought the delivery to the nuts. It's awesome designing vehicles and changing them, tweaking them to do this stage better or to accomplish this better. The interactive world is also amazing, everything in this game can be moved unless it's the ground. You see houses? Why don't you try to pick it apart piece by piece! A fence is in the way? No problem! Get out of your car and move the pieces of fence to get through!

So who's got this game and wants to do some multiplayer runs?! Who's thinking of getting this game and who's on the edge because of the text? (It doesn't bother me and I barely read the text, the gameplay is what grabs me)

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

Around the Network

I may just be being really dumb but without the text I don't know what the hell I'm doing. I downloaded the demo and I ended up just driving around hitting everyone!

I really want to love this game but until they get a patch or I upgrade to HDTV (again) I'm holding off. I will defo purchase it one day though.

I for one am very excited about this game. I'm hoping Rare comes back with a vengeance on this one. They used to be one of my favorite devs. So Heck yes I'm getting it!

i am enjoying the game as well. i commandeered a much larger and better tv than my own and am not having any problems with text. i wouldnt have picked it up if they hadnt said they were going to fix the text though.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

I got it and I'm having a lot of fun.

Around the Network

Awesome game, I hope it does good.

~Currently Playing Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank: FTOD, and Resistance: Retribution~

seece said:
I may just be being really dumb but without the text I don't know what the hell I'm doing. I downloaded the demo and I ended up just driving around hitting everyone!

I really want to love this game but until they get a patch or I upgrade to HDTV (again) I'm holding off. I will defo purchase it one day though.

Even with the text I was a little lost in the beggining of the game but eventually the text isn't really needed. The movies before each stage are hilarious though, and the intro of the game is one of the funniest openings I've ever seen in a video game.

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

I'm looking forward to getting this game.

From what i have played and seen of the game i thought it was very good, the game had an amazing art style and the graphics were pretty decent too. But i was on GT today in their review section and the amount of hate for this game is off the charts. But it does not help when GT tore this game up and pretty much called it shit.

Im on the fence purely because of the demo (how long did it take you to get used to that awful driving physics?) and also because I have 6 games I will be playing concurrently this holiday.

But your testimony is intriguing...