By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft Exec: Talks about Nintendo and Sony.

I colored/bolded the important parts.. 

Shane Kim, the VP for business development in Microsoft's game division, was down in Berkeley, Calif. this weekend to show off the new Xbox experience at the University of California's Play conference. Venturebeat's Dean Takahashi writes about Kim's wide-ranging discussion, of NXE, the economy, the development cycle. But we like it when people start commenting on competitors, so let's pull out some choice quotes there.

"I can tell you how that conversation goes at Microsoft. They say, ‘I don't think that's a game,'" Kim said in regards to Wii Fit. "But the guy at Nintendo says, ‘I don't care. I'm selling a whole bunch of that stuff.'"

Kim went on to say (these are Takahashi's words, paraphrasing Kim's) "that it never pays to bash Nintendo. Rather, he said he loved Nintendo because it's broadening the audience and is showing Microsoft what it needs to accomplish."

Now, as far as Sony goes, Kim was asked how long Microsoft would keep making the Xbox 360. "One day longer than the lifespan of the PlayStation 3," was his reply. Ten years plus one day?

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Around the Network

Seems like reasonable not incendiary comments though I guess if you really tried you could be offended by the "1 day more then PS3" comment, but that would be a stretch.

Could you link the entire article please. Or is it there and I missed it?

Good show, Mr. Kim. You have gained my respect by acknowledging acomplishments by others and showing your commitment to competition. Unlike anther certain blowhard Microsoft exec(cough Mattrick)

Lol, just a big way of saying I respect what this guy says now.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

billsalias said:
Seems like reasonable not incendiary comments though I guess if you really tried you could be offended by the "1 day more then PS3" comment, but that would be a stretch.

Could you link the entire article please. Or is it there and I missed it?

click the Pic... mybad.

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

I guess the day M$ announces victory is when they acquire SONY, and after that they will start planning on how to acquire Nintendo

"Kinect" Games I am really excited about (Click for videos)

Kinectimals        Dance Central      Kinect-Sports   Kinect-Adventures    Your Shape       Kinect-Forza

Owner of :   slim 1000 +  80GB DSlite

Around the Network

10 year 360 life span confirmed LOL. This gen won't end as soon as we think it will.......

PR is alright this time.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

correction: one day after ps2's lifespan

360 lifespan = 3561 days

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

microsoft seem to not hate nintendo yet, sony is their main target

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
darthdevidem01 said:
360 lifespan = 3600 days

Fixed!

Tease.