By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - LBP the first nex-gen game

LBP is GAME 2.0 =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network
iyzy said:

in my opinion i feel that LittleBigPlanet is the first true next generation game, even though i consider Metal Gear Solid 4 to be the best game i have ever played.

There is nothing like LBP on the market and it represents the consoles moving into online play.

So it's the online?

Eh,  i'd think a bunch of wii games, online only games, and Spore beat you by the definition as "different from last generation" either way.

LBP really isn't even that innovative.

Kasz bought a ps3???

Are you going to buy LBP, and resistance 2?

If so I recommend them both

mM
leo-j said:
Kasz bought a ps3???

Are you going to buy LBP, and resistance 2?

If so I recommend them both

LBP yes. (Or rather i should get it for X-mas.)

R2... no. 

Unless it impresses me on a rent or something if i'm bored.

Killzone 2 is looking more promising at this point from what i've heard from people playing it.

iyzy said:

the games you mentioned, dont even compare to the level of influence you have on the level creator. In LBP you can create anything you can think of.

This is why i think that LBP is the first true current gen game, your imagination is the only restriction

How abouta chorus line of naked valkyries with plucked peacocks on their head, dancing to New York, New York while tiny Mario characters rain down from the sky?

Around the Network
Gearbox said:
the wii inst next gen.. its the same gen as the ps2 just realeased VERY VERY LATE. its kinda like what sega did with the saturn and dreamcast SAME GEN

Keep telling yourself that mr. IknowLBPwillbreak10mil easily.  Not insulting the game, just your insane high expectations.

Except you are a Sony fanboy, so of course you would think that.

wartaal said:
The Wii gets alot of credit for being innovative, while motion sensing was already around for a good number of years.

And c'mon to be honest the Wii hasnt showed anything trully innovatibe(yet).

Many have attempted it, but barely any (if not none at all) were successful.  Wii did this very well, imho.