By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What is 4D? How would that work?

4D would probably a slightly update from 3D. There wouldn't much of a difference. i think thats why the graphics went straight to high def.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Around the Network

here you go, 4D, that's what you see when you play warhawk that's why the game is so awsome

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

chapset said:

here you go, 4D, that's what you see when you play warhawk that's why the game is so awsome

wtf? thats just a cube going inside out and expanding and contrasting continuously any game could do this.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

jesus kung fu magic said:
chapset said:

wtf? thats just a cube going inside out and expanding and contrasting continuously any game could do this.

that's the representation of a cube in 4D and it's not expending lol! it's turning

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Human being can't really perceive 4D but can imagine a rude sketch of a 4D object...

About that cube... yeah it could be 4D... think about a 2D world where a round image keep increasing and decreasing all the time. In fact, is a sphere entering and lefting the 2D plane... so a sketch of any 4D object would look bizarre in 3D.

Of course 4D gaming is impossible :P but that one is kinda new for me. I remember when my cousin bought a PS3 back in the launch my aunt called it 'the 3D'... lol

Around the Network
haxxiy said:

Human being can't really perceive 4D but can imagine a rude sketch of a 4D object...

About that cube... yeah it could be 4D... think about a 2D world where a round image keep increasing and decreasing all the time. In fact, is a sphere entering and lefting the 2D plane... so a sketch of any 4D object would look bizarre in 3D.

Of course 4D gaming is impossible :P but that one is kinda new for me. I remember when my cousin bought a PS3 back in the launch my aunt called it 'the 3D'... lol

just watch the video i posted in this thread

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

lol, where?

Edit : I saw it. Pretty much wraps up everything 

twesterm said:
ssj12 said:
twesterm said:
Suspense304 said:

Time is considered (4th Dimension)

And 4d gaming would be something constantly changing.. Just like real life.. that's all it means.. We live in 4 dimensions (actually 5 I believe but I'm not sure what the other is) I forgot to quote the other guy's post but yes.. 3 physical 1 spacial

Dude above me... good post

Actually, right now the current idea is there are 11 dimensions.

actually in M Theory, more advanced String Theory, there are 13 dimensions.

Ah, that was the name, I thought M was only 11 unless something has changed since last I looked (which could very well be).

-edit-

I know it's the wiki, but it says 11 for M

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M-theory

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's eleven, I've never heard of a theory with thirteen dimensions.

BKK2 said:
twesterm said:
ssj12 said:
twesterm said:
Suspense304 said:

Time is considered (4th Dimension)

And 4d gaming would be something constantly changing.. Just like real life.. that's all it means.. We live in 4 dimensions (actually 5 I believe but I'm not sure what the other is) I forgot to quote the other guy's post but yes.. 3 physical 1 spacial

Dude above me... good post

Actually, right now the current idea is there are 11 dimensions.

actually in M Theory, more advanced String Theory, there are 13 dimensions.

Ah, that was the name, I thought M was only 11 unless something has changed since last I looked (which could very well be).

-edit-

I know it's the wiki, but it says 11 for M

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M-theory

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's eleven, I've never heard of a theory with thirteen dimensions.

ya, its 11, was thinking of a different theory with 13 something or other (forget right now)

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453