By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What is 4D? How would that work?

4D is trideuteromethoxyphenethylamine, an acid like drug... which must be pretty close to this thread, because my head is spinning at the non-sense that is being spewed here... no seriously though, 4D is unattainable in the video game world because it's a "dimension" that technically is undefinable at the moment. Actually, I don't think it really exists because 3D is the same view that we as humans see... so how can you possibly transcend 3D when we've never seen past this dimensional viewpoint?

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

Around the Network

So, the PS3 allows you to view all 6 sides of a cube at once?

Because that's what you're saying in terms of spatial dimensions.

As for time, I don't know about that.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

dtewi said:
So, the PS3 allows you to view all 6 sides of a cube at once?

Because that's what you're saying in terms of spatial dimensions.

As for time, I don't know about that.

did you not watch my video?

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

hmm i think it was possible on ps2.

but they details were no so simply shown, about that time you have the same effect changing a texture.

but developers idea to create a algorithm that can simulate a world, with weather changing according to time.
and event changing depending of what you observe and do in the world.

Suspense304 said:

Time is considered (4th Dimension)

And 4d gaming would be something constantly changing.. Just like real life.. that's all it means.. We live in 4 dimensions (actually 5 I believe but I'm not sure what the other is) I forgot to quote the other guy's post but yes.. 3 physical 1 spacial

Dude above me... good post

Actually, right now the current idea is there are 11 dimensions.

String theory use to say there couldn't be more than 10 dimensions and there was another theory that said there had to be 11 and only sometime recently string theory allowed for 11 dimensions because things started falling apart when you start looking at super dense massive black holes and things really really far away.

Around the Network
twesterm said:
Suspense304 said:

And 4d gaming would be something constantly changing.. Just like real life.. that's all it means.. We live in 4 dimensions (actually 5 I believe but I'm not sure what the other is) I forgot to quote the other guy's post but yes.. 3 physical 1 spacial

actually in M Theory, more advanced String Theory, there are 13 dimensions.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

The "4th" dimension was done on the PS2 I think also. In Metal Gear Solid 3, walking in quicksand would make your ankles muddy. After a cutscene, your pants would return to normal. Does that count?

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

ssj12 said:
twesterm said:
Suspense304 said:

actually in M Theory, more advanced String Theory, there are 13 dimensions.

Ah, that was the name, I thought M was only 11 unless something has changed since last I looked (which could very well be).

-edit-

I know it's the wiki, but it says 11 for M

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M-theory

I thought 4d was time.

ssj12 said:

/brain explodes

lol....and a significant amount of time in the 2 out of the 3 Physics courses I have taken was on special relativity