By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Quality Wii support has snuck up on us.

That's why i dont really care for reviews, i use them a bit but it never decides about my purchase. Reviewers this days prove that they have nothing to do with unbiased, objective journalism, if they made their mind before playing a title they will destroy it, infamous review of wii music. The worst thing is when some ridicilous big reviewer like IGN does not do his job properly and this affects sales.

Fire Emblem deserves to be an AAA title for me, i just dont see what do people thought is broken in this game.

Also one of the most played games by me this gen is DBZ:TB3 which did not get that much praise.

Around the Network
Phoenix_Wiight said:

its not random website hate. late me just take gamespot for example.

Mario Galaxy- 9.5 - great.

Twilight Princess- 8.8 - uhh...

Metroid Prime 3 - 8.5 - uhhhh....

Mario Kart Wii- 8.5 - ok, this is ridiculous

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn - 6.0 - ok, wtf?

Wario Land: Shake it- 7.5 - ....

I have to leave soon, but I'm going to make a thread with this later... but let me just say this.

If TP, MP3, MKWii, etc etc were on any other console, they would get higher ratings. Its biased. You can't tell me that Bioshock was better than TP, MP3 or MKWii, cause it wasn't. You can't tell me GTAIV was one of the most amazing games ever and was a 10/10, cause it wasn't. Fire Emblem, they gave that a 6, and they gave the one before than at 8.5. I find it funny because every Fire Emblem fan thought that game was better in every single aspect, as did I, and should of ATLEAST got a 9.0/10.0

Actually, you can't tell me that TP/MP3/Mkwii is a better game than bioshock or GTAIV.  What is wrong with 8.5 score for MkWii? Is it way too high?

Esa-Petteri said:

Actually, you can't tell me that TP/MP3/Mkwii is a better game than bioshock or GTAIV.  What is wrong with 8.5 score for MkWii? Is it way too high?

You're right about GTAIV, sure, because I haven't played it.

But I can tell you with a straight face that Twilight Princess is better than Bioshock.

Esa-Petteri said:

It is way too low given the quality of the game and how much it has improved over the previous versions. The game is absolutely amazing. It is easy to have fun from the get go and feel like you can win any race, while being extremely skill based and requiring a lot out of the top knotch racers to be able to consistently beat any opponent.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

ehhhhh....to be honest I'm not really excited about any Wii games that are coming in the foreseeable future. I never thought I'd have more PS3 games on my 'might want to buy' list than Wii games..but somehow I do now.

Around the Network

Castlevania Judgment got a 7.5, Sonic Unleashed got a 7.2, and Facebreaker K.O. Party received a 7.0.

If this is your idea of quality support then you are really easy to please. ITs all a question of perspective it seems. To someone starving a piece of bread is a great meal.

Soriku said:
RPG_Fanatic said:
This thread needs more Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World.

This x10000.

We are trying to talk about good Wii games in this thread. That game only managed a 66 on Metacritic so it is clearly not worth brining up.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Kyros said:
Castlevania Judgment got a 7.5, Sonic Unleashed got a 7.2, and Facebreaker K.O. Party received a 7.0.

If this is your idea of quality support then you are really easy to please. ITs all a question of perspective it seems. To someone starving a piece of bread is a great meal.

I question the quality of games like that too, but score doesn't mean everything, as pointed out with Fire Emblem which got a  78 on metacritic/gamerankings. Hey, if score means anything, then those games must be awesome, as they are awfully close to the score fire emblem got.

Anyways, there have been plenty of good entertaining games every month. Maybe not the same as Gears of War 2 (or whatever AAAAAAA game you want to name), but I personally don't need a blockbuster every time, just something good.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Khuutra said:
Esa-Petteri said:

You're right about GTAIV, sure, because I haven't played it.

But I can tell you with a straight face that Twilight Princess is better than Bioshock.

I can tell you with a straight face that TP was better than Bioshoch aswell. I was pumped to see what people were screaming about, so I bought it for PS3. One of the biggest disapointments this gen, aswell as a waste of 60 bucks for a game that should be 30 now.

GTAIV was not even that great, come on. TP/MP3/MKWii were definitley better than GTAIV. The only one that stands a chance against it is MKWii. Way too high? Ya, kay.

just another little thing that I want to add. I love how 360/PS3 fanboys say they aren't interested on anything that's on the Wii, yet, if one of those Wii games went to another console (obviously wouldn't happen,) those people would then go buy the game. For example, the Conduit. I can see a huge amount of people going to buy that if it was on their console, and not because of graphics, just because. At the beginning of the year, I had a few of my 360 fanboy friends play No More Heroes right when it came out. Some of them laughed at it at first, so I said "hey you know this is supposed to come out of the 360?" and they replied "seriously? I might pick it up then it's good so far."

Khuutra said:
MontanaHatchet said:
No one disputes the quality of 90+ Wii games like Super Smash Bros., Zelda, or Galaxy.

What I would give to not have to correct you.

I hope you weren't taking me literally when I said "no one." The PS3 and 360's highest rated games get way more hate than any of the Wii AAA titles I named anyways.