By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which Game will be Shooter of the year?

It's either Left 4 Dead or Gears of War 2, from what I've played.

...Fallout 3 isn't a shooter....it's the best game on that list though.

PS: I voted for Gears 2.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

Gears of War 2.

Honorable mention: CoD: WaW. It's THAT good!

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

SHMUPGurus said:
Gears of War 2.

Honorable mention: CoD: WaW. It's THAT good!

I'm getting it soon, lol.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:

I thought Fallout 3 was, i really didn't look into it but i saw that you shoot guns so i added

Currently Playing: Mass Effect (360)

"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need, but not every man's greed" - Gandhi

monkeyman40210 said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

I thought it was, i really didn't look into it but i saw that you shoot guns so i added

lol, it's cool. You get guns, but it's a RPG, and more specifically a WRPG. An action one, but it's largely stat based.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
Onyxmeth said:
shio said:
Gears of War 2 will never be Shooter of the year because it can't be played with a mouse+keyboard.

That never stopped GoldenEye and the Halo series from taking the honors. If you mean your personal opinion on the best shooter, than sure, rock on with that mouse and keyboard. If we are supposed to be talking about what we believe will get the honors, I don't think there are any sane answers other than Gears 2, when all platforms are considered.

They won best console shooter, not overall.

1997 - Quake II was the best shooter easy.

2001 - Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Operation Flashpoint, Tribes 2, Serious Sam, etc... take your pick.

Just give me a valid reason how Goldeneye was a better game than Quake 2, or Halo was better than RTCW, OP or Tribes 2.

shio said:
Onyxmeth said:
shio said:
Gears of War 2 will never be Shooter of the year because it can't be played with a mouse+keyboard.

That never stopped GoldenEye and the Halo series from taking the honors. If you mean your personal opinion on the best shooter, than sure, rock on with that mouse and keyboard. If we are supposed to be talking about what we believe will get the honors, I don't think there are any sane answers other than Gears 2, when all platforms are considered.

2001 - Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Operation Flashpoint, Tribes 2, Serious Sam, etc... take your pick.

Just give me a valid reason how Goldeneye was a better game than Quake 2, or Halo was better than RTCW, OP or Tribes 2.

well Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 2 were for PC so they could be played with a keyboard

Currently Playing: Mass Effect (360)

"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need, but not every man's greed" - Gandhi

shooter?

mmm I give that title to gears 2 just because I love the game so much .

FPS?
it's between COD WAw, and R2.boss fights in R2 are unrivaled(Leviathan anyone?last scene in killing it is just orgasmic)

don't give me that L4D crap.when you start playing the game it's fun but very underwhelming in visual/innovation department.(that's my opinion)

I Voted for Gears2. Although personally it's not my Shooter of the year, (COD: Waw is)

shio said:
Onyxmeth said:
shio said:

Are you speaking on personal opinion again, or are you saying those games took home more honors than GoldenEye and Halo? I'm speaking of the latter, and if you're speaking on the former, than we aren't going to get anywhere. Don't quote me PC only publications either, because they don't count. Same as console only ones don't count.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.