By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
shio said:
Shadowblind said:

Wow. I just looked at ME's first week sales. I also looked at the Wall History and saw a user who absolutely said that ME will NEVER NEVER EVER reach a million sales. I lol'ed my ass off.

Fantastic game, and I can't wait for its ground breaking sequel.

Mass Effect probably was one of Bioware's less profitable games though.

ME: 2.1 million copies

KOTOR: 1.9 million copies

KOTOR 2: 1.2 million copies

Sonic Chronicles: 0.2 million copies

Jade Empire: 0.22(WTF?) million copies(?)

ORLY?

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Around the Network
shio said:
Shadowblind said:

Wow. I just looked at ME's first week sales. I also looked at the Wall History and saw a user who absolutely said that ME will NEVER NEVER EVER reach a million sales. I lol'ed my ass off.

If your a fan of rpgs and have a capable pc or 360 there is no excuse for you not to buy this game. This game along with fallout 3 are what a true rpg should be. Besides the game sold 2 mil alone on the 360 so it was successful.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

Shadowblind said:
shio said:
Shadowblind said:

ORLY?

Baldur's Gate 1: Atleast 2.6 million copies (including expansion), much smaller budget and still selling

Baldur's Gate 2: Atleast 2.5 million copies (including expansion), much smaller budget and still selling

Neverwinter Nights: Atleast 3 million copies (including expansions), much smaller budget and still selling

Kotor: 3 million copies sold, smaller budget

Jade Empire: meh

Mass Effect: 2.1 million copies, PC sales unknown but I've never seen it appear on any sales chart except on Direct2Drive. Biggest budget ever for Bioware.

Sonic Chronicles: meh

You're still right because Bioware made some smaller games in it's intial days, like MDK and Shattered Steel, and they didn't sell much. But Mass Effect is still one of Bioware's less profitable RPGs, only above JE and SC.

shio said:
Shadowblind said:
shio said:
Shadowblind said:

ORLY?

Baldur's Gate 1: Atleast 2.6 million copies (including expansion), much smaller budget and still selling

Baldur's Gate 2: Atleast 2.5 million copies (including expansion), much smaller budget and still selling

Neverwinter Nights: Atleast 3 million copies (including expansions), much smaller budget and still selling

Mass Effect: 2.1 million copies, PC sales unknown but I've never seen it appear on any sales chart except on Direct2Drive. Biggest budget ever for Bioware.

You're still right because Bioware made some smaller games in it's intial days, like MDK and Shattered Steel, and they didn't sell much. But Mass Effect is still one of Bioware's less profitable RPGs, only above JE and SC.

Oh sorry, I went by VGChartz numbers for those games, not whatever source you are using. I'd like to see the source, btw, so I can start going to that website instead of VGChartz, since it must be more reliable.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Shadowblind said:
shio said:
Shadowblind said:
shio said:
Shadowblind said:

ORLY?

Oh sorry, I went by VGChartz numbers for those games, not whatever source you are using. I'd like to see the source, btw, so I can start going to that website instead of VGChartz, since it must be more reliable.

http://www.bioware.com/bioware_info/about/

And according to wikipedia, Baldur's Gate 2's sales figure hasn't been updated in the last 2 years.

Around the Network

To be fair to any possible profitability on ME, they are supposed to be making a trilogy, and they are ( or at least trying) going to have all 3 out this gen. Thus, they'd be reusing work from the first for the next 2, massively reducing budget on those later games.

Will you teach me to football?

Mass Effect 2 - will it be on PC as well as X360?

shio said:
Shadowblind said:
shio said:
Shadowblind said:
shio said:
Shadowblind said:

ORLY?

http://www.bioware.com/bioware_info/about/

And according to wikipedia, Baldur's Gate 2's sales figure hasn't been updated in the last 2 years.

Vgchartz needs to update these sales then. Nice find. 

This and Alan Wake are the only 2 things keeping me from selling my 360 and buying a PS3

VBI said:
To be fair to any possible profitability on ME, they are supposed to be making a trilogy, and they are ( or at least trying) going to have all 3 out this gen. Thus, they'd be reusing work from the first for the next 2, massively reducing budget on those later games.

So what WAS the actual budget for Mass Effect?  Link anyone?