By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo holiday shopping--the circle is complete...

I remember my dear old mum going to a million stores to find me Donkey Kong Classics back then. It was sold out everywhere. I was like "But mooooom, it's got Donkey Kong AND Donkey Kong Junior on the same cartridge!"

And then the SMB3 Christmas was even crazier. I remember running outside with the rest of the world chanting "Mario! Mario! Mario!" and we were in the shape of a giant Mario face across North America. I think it inspired a commercial.

Around the Network
leo-j said:
How dare you compare the NES to the wii, you just offended one of the greatest gaming systems ever.

Why so harsh on the nes?

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
I remember my dear old mum going to a million stores to find me Donkey Kong Classics back then. It was sold out everywhere. I was like "But mooooom, it's got Donkey Kong AND Donkey Kong Junior on the same cartridge!"

And then the SMB3 Christmas was even crazier. I remember running outside with the rest of the world chanting "Mario! Mario! Mario!" and we were in the shape of a giant Mario face across North America. I think it inspired a commercial.

I remember that day. I got trampled and had three of my ribs broken. They didn't show any of that in the damn commercial...

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

LOL, great article. History repeats itself.

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

The Wii is the NES of the 2000s! I think the supply constraint could be even worse this year than in 88'.

As for the Wii beating the NES in sales.......it will next year, by Q4. I can't believe it.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."