By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Oyv's way clean your Wii for dust

Instead of using water, you could find a way to make the disc static? static attracts dust.

Around the Network

not something i would ever do. i'd rather send it into nintendo, and not be able to use it for a month (actually, when i sent mine in, it took less than a week to get it back), than short circuit something inside there and nevwer be able to play it again.

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=47568

brawl friendcode - 3823-8201-9151

mario kart wii friendcode - 0387-9491-4552

PM me if you add me plz.

150vg$ bet(with haggy) mk wii 2009 worldwide sales > any 360/ps3 game released in 2009.

current mk wii worldwide sales (jan 9th): 553k

vonboy said:
not something i would ever do. i'd rather send it into nintendo, and not be able to use it for a month (actually, when i sent mine in, it took less than a week to get it back), than short circuit something inside there and nevwer be able to play it again.

I guess we're different then. If it messed up, I would call Nintendo and ask if the warranty accepted water damages. If it didn't, I'd find a new way to fix it.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

i thought this was gunna be a rol like thread

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

I would assume the dust would have a negative charge, if you could manage to give your disc a positive charge greater than that fo the lense it would remove it.
Just an idea not really sure how you would accomplish it.

PSWii60 owner! woot

Get your Portable ID!

Around the Network

That sounds risky, but I'll keep it in the back of my mind if my Wii ever stops reading disks.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

why are you trying to take away wii's primary function? :P

neat idea, i might try it if i ever get dust on my wii's lens

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

Stupid idea putting water inside a electronic device. Just go to play-asia and buy one of the wii lens cleaners. I got one and it improved my wii alot, it use to lag in brawl when loading the stage select screen and such, but after the cleaning it, it loads like a breeze.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

Better fix:

Get a can of pressurized air, put the tube on the nozzle, and blow it into the Wii's disc slot. This will blow the dust free, and blow a portion of it out of the system.

AND it doesn't involve very possibly bricking your system with water damage.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Don't is water it is risky.