By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - USA is the best country in the world

"Seems like Canada's obese is expanding faster then....

In 2007 according to the WHO 61.1% of Canada is clasfied as obese.

In the US it's 74.1%

WHO = World Health Orginization."
I remember reading in the paper in mid-2007, that in Canada it was about 40ish percent while in east-Asia it was like 10 something percent.. But again, different organizations have different statistics.

Around the Network

Its a bit unfair to compare the USA to countries in Europe which have less resources to allocate and less cultural variation to organize into stable societies.

If Europe becomes one country in fifty years, we'll see which is run better.

I was pretty impressed with Ireland though. Dublin is a place I could see myself living happily in.

Best country though? I'd probably go Mongolia or Tibet just because being isolated culturally comes with so many advantages.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Care to name a single country with over 150,000,000 people that has the quality of living we do?

And Europe isn't a country, last I checked. It was a continent.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

^With each passing act, the EU becomes a stronger union. Hell, they've even been pushing for an EU President recently, although it's failed atm, they'll keep coming back for more.

And when it does happen, the quality of living isn't going to suddenly drop.

SamuelRSmith said:
^With each passing act, the EU becomes a stronger union. Hell, they've even been pushing for an EU President recently, although it's failed atm, they'll keep coming back for more.

Yes, but given 5-10 years it may change. America didn't inherit anything for it's quality of living - it was built and established here, without being ratified when we had 300,000,000 people. That can vastly effect rule, making things much more difficult. If Europe has a consititution, and is bound as tightly together as the United States is, and has the same quality of living after 20 years, I'll be very impressed that they did it. Otherwise, it's hard to compare (and by the way: What about the Eastern European countries? They're European too).

Look at countries with populations that are above 150,000,000 people:

• China
  • India
  • United States
  • Indonesia
  • Brazil
  • Pakistan

Do you see the odd man out on the list? There is only one other country in the top-10 that has a good quality of living, which would be Japan.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network
SamuelRSmith said:

It will if they start delegating more and more administrative power to the out of touch EU government and out of the hands of the in touch, know what's good for their country governments.

Luckily Ireland saved them from a proposal most countrys in the EU didn't want passed anyway. (The people at large that is.)

^ I was obviously one of the minority

SamuelRSmith said:
^ I was obviously one of the minority

Even so... is it really worth it to get passed if you have to do it backdoor without the will of the people?

I mean, a government to go through such means to give itself more power I think has already proven itself a government that doesn't deserve more power.