By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Drops after first week in Japan for Xbox 360 games .

Yup that system just isnt doing anything...oops hold on everyone expect mrstickball to be on this thread tomorrow...he loves to defend the xbox 360 in japan....oooooooo...everyone is about to be put in their place tomorrow...

Around the Network

The drop is typical of hardcore games, because it is the typical purchasing trend of the hardcore gamer, which is the base of the Xbox 360 population. Nothing big there.

DonWii said:
The drop is typical of hardcore games, because it is the typical purchasing trend of the hardcore gamer, which is the base of the Xbox 360 population. Nothing big there.

so what your trying to say is that if a game stays in the top 50 for another week or month its considered not the hardcore gamers buying the game but causal people purchasing it??

and is that the same with consoles DonWii?

I would agree that the sales of the various games you posted have horrible drops - but so do many console games, regardless of system.

The X360 in Japan IS comprised of mostly hardcore buyers, that will rush out for a title.

However, despite the abysmal drops (which are really bad), many of the games you've listed end up having somewhat decent multipliers.

Dead Rising, for example. Despite its huge drop after the first week, has sold 4x it's initial week - very few, if any PS2 games (which also have tons of major drops) have been the same way.

Nevertheless, great post. I never realized some of those specific games were so frontloaded - it puts Trusty Bell in perspective.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

But 4 times tiny is still tiny. It's like the 135% rise in PS3 sales after the clearance sale price drop - 135% of losing is still losing.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

Right, and I agree.

Again, its just interesting to note the huge drops of many games. In the American market, few games do this. In Japan, on the X360, we see drops on big-name games anywhere from 65%-90%. Whereas in America, the drops are anywhere from 30-60%.

Posts like this are exactly why I started the X360 sales discussion thread - so we can track 1st week drops to understand the market in Japan.

Also, for refference, DQS had a 82% drop as well on the Wii :) Hehe.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.