By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Coping with Trolling strategies?

im loving the boys they give me anger

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
I think it all depends on what your intention is samuel.
Besides, there is a difference between trolling and disagreeing. A lot of people here think disagreeing with someone is trolling. In fact a lot more people flam than troll.

Yeah, trolling generally involves someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the intention of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

Part of the problem with identifying trolls is that everyone reads posts through their own bias, and tend to let trolls sharing their pov go, while falsely identifying trolls who disagree with them.

axumblade said:
SamuelRSmith said:

I hate the term "troll". I use it rarely. It makes me feel like I'm slipping into that horrible state where all I post is shit like "lol", "yeah, ftw", "no u", "qft" "fanboy", "troll".

Next thing I know, I'll be $pelling every word with an "s" in it with a $. Because, you know, it's cool.

o rly?

no u

SamuelRSmith said:
axumblade said:
SamuelRSmith said:

I hate the term "troll". I use it rarely. It makes me feel like I'm slipping into that horrible state where all I post is shit like "lol", "yeah, ftw", "no u", "qft" "fanboy", "troll".

Next thing I know, I'll be $pelling every word with an "s" in it with a $. Because, you know, it's cool.

o rly?

no u

this

Trolls get turned to stone when they go into legends (according to the legends at least), so simply make them go into the sun.

Realistically though, I think VGChartz has very few trolls. Most "trolls" here are people who have misunderstood things, or other things. People calling other trolls are often more trollish than the people they call trolls.

Calling crazy people trolls and ignoring them is stupid. Crazy people are the most interesting people, and the ones you can learn the most from. I therefore post facts to prove them wrong, and see how they react to that. If they then mess up and ignore what I say, call people fanboys, or something else, I report them and leave.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Around the Network

@Oyvoyvoyv - I guess you've used that report button quite a few times, then.

SamuelRSmith said:
@Oyvoyvoyv - I guess you've used that report button quite a few times, then.

Twice. People generally come up with a reason to why they believe as I do. Other times, I know that other people have reported someone so many times that I won't bug the mods with it again.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

I find posting humorous pictures that draws attention to their personality defects helps.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.