By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - If PSN was released with the PS2, would Xbox Live face some competition

Sony will win anyway, but PSN on PS2 :D

Final Fantasy huge... watch my collection

Oh... Final Fantasy huge only on SONY system !

Around the Network
BMaker11 said:
Snake612 said:

When the Xbox was released in 2002, they debuted it with the Xbox Live. However, Xbox LIVE still couldn't compete with the amazing PS2 sales during PS2 first 2 years. I always thought if Sony decide to debut Playstation Network with the PS2, would Xbox Live face fierce competition?and Would PSN be 10x better than it is now? The most important question is would PSN and Xbox Live have almost he same amount of users online? 

What do you guys think would have happen? 

As of right now, PSN has about 14 million users. Xbox LIVE is a little over 10 million, but you have to take into account that it's Gold and Silver subscriptions combined, meaning not 10 million people actually play each other. With PSN, all those people can play each other so from a pure numbers standpoint, PSN already has more users than XBL

Edit: And I know multiple accounts can be made, but the same can be done on one Xbox with a Silver subscription

Actually Xbox live has over 12 Million users dude and that was just around July, so i'd hate to see how many members they have now. PSN obviously has more users because its free. That doesn't take a rocket scientist. Sony had to taste a double edged sword making PSN free this gen, because they are damned if they did it and they were damned if they didn't. Sony is pouring a shitload of money into PSN and making no profit, while the Xbox 360 is. Xbox Live isn't competing with PSN persay and there aren't any sales numbers to prove it. They are making a good amount of profit off of online just as they did last gen and I don't understand why anyone would expect them to stop. I mean the PS3 gets backed up by the sales of the PSP and the PS2, so why can't Xbox have live? I can say whole heartedly that if PS3 owners had to pay for online...watch the numbers dwindle.