By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The PS3 marketing has been total crap.

xlost7 said:

Whatever happened to commercials like this? Sony has indeed took a step backwards. Not that many ads have been shown on TV like that. I did however see some, and I mean some LittleBigPlanet ads. But not that many.

Some little big planet ads?  WTF my market has them playing every other commercial it seems.  I like the game and may buy it for Christmas, but enough with those LBP ads!!

I do like the octopus add, it kicked ass.

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

Around the Network

actually the new "reflections" cm are quite decent.

but the real advertisment wont start til the third cm is shown, already 2 were.

What we all want to see: gameplay footage! Stop showing in-game cutscenes all the time.

k thx bai.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

The last PS3 commercial I saw was some kid with a garbage bag looking up. I'm guessing he was putting his PS3 somewhere.......

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

The new PS3 reflections ads are not very good IMO. You can't make out the games very well because it's a reflection in only a small part of the screen, so any HD qualities are lost. Most people won't even recognize the games and there is nothing telling them what games they are showing. The animation is lost because the game screens are so small and slow moving. Basically everything that makes PS3 games stand out are completely missing from the commercials. And if it weren't for the last two seconds where they show the PS3 logo, you wouldn't even know what product they were trying to sell.

Around the Network

@FishyJoe

So you have seen the full ads? Because they have only shown us teasers:

Though I have to agree, if it didnt say PS3 you really wouldnt know what product they where tyring to sell, if this where how the ads would be.

mM

They had a different commercial last night on football where they showed a reflection of Ratchet. If I didn't already know who ratchet was already, the commercial would have made no sense whatsoever.

axumblade said:
FishyJoe said:
They had a different commercial last night on football where they showed a reflection of Ratchet. If I didn't already know who ratchet was already, the commercial would have made no sense whatsoever.

for a PSP bundle i'm guessing?

Honestly, the 360 commercials are a lot better. They show a clip of the game, and then at the end, they brag about it now being 199.

I don't even know if they were advertising for the PS3 or PSP. That's how bad the commercial was. I thought it was for the PS3 LOL.

Well it usually says what console its for in the end..

mM

dude the one with "have you started your wish list yet" is awesome. and besides thats not the actually commerical. thats like the pre-game warmup, they wont be showing their actual advertisements till closer to the holidays (i believe few days before black friday then thats when they unload the real advertisments)