By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Latin America Market is Next? is this a joke?

What is this? link

sony is launching ps2 in latin america, does this means the ps3 will launch in 2019?

also the guy talks as if we have never seen a ps2, is he nuts?

how are they planning to compete againts modded ps2s???

i cant believe they think latina america is a market oportunity, i had my ps2 since lunch and

i already have a ps3, we have imported everything from the US. Why do they think ps2 will sell here now?

please can someone from outside tell me how exactly do they see us because it sounds like sony think we are

in the stone age. Does sony think we still dont have color TVs?

launching the ps2 what a joke

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

Around the Network

Rofl you had your PS2 since lunch?

Anyway I thought they launched the PS3 a few weeks ago?

This thread deals with Latin America sales: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=0&id=34302

Check it. There is a lot of information.

It´s a good thing for Sony to release PS2 officially in Latin America. That will cheapen the value of the hardware, which will mean more sales (even the pirate needs to buy a PS2 even if they will mod it afterwards).

Second, they will sell the PS2 with great profits because they are much cheaper to produce nowadays.

Third, the price of games will too fall and there will be a lot of people (still less than pirates, but a good number of people) that will buy real games, which means moe somoney for Sony.

www.jamesvandermemes.com

So what excally is the problem?

PS3 already launched in 4 LA countries at the end of October (Argentina, Peru, Chile and Columbia). Not sure if the PS2 was launched there also.

So it's quite possible that he is speaking of PS3 when saying:

“We’re now launching there. There are countries in Phase 1 Latin America that we’re aggressively gong after, and they include Chile Argentina, Columbia, and Peru.” Phase two of Sony’s push into Latin America is scheduled to begin this month, with the console being distributed to Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama and Venezuela.

Phase three targets are Uruguay, Paraguay and of course Brazil. “We’ve identified that the Brazilian market as probably the biggest market opportunity for us, and that will be the third part of our launch which will take place over Spring 2009.”

The big move from Sony regarding PS2 in LA is that they're planning to start manufacturing PS2 hardware and discs in Brazil. This will allow them to lower prices (no import taxes) significantly and start to make real money there. As of now most software sold in Brazil is pirated and nothing strange about it as prices are ridiculous high there. Brazil PS2 userbase is estimated to be around 8 mln so it's quite an opportunity to get them buy legal games.

Please visit this thread for more information. BKK is putting great work there regarding LA video games market.

radha said:

What is this? link

sony is lunching ps2 in latin america, does this means the ps3 will launch in 2019?

i cant believe they think latina america is a market oportunity, i had my ps2 since lunch and

i already have a ps3, we have imported everything from the US. Why do they think ps2 will sell here now?

please can someone from outside tell me how exactly do they see us because it sounds like sony think we are

lunching the ps2 what a joke

Hey, did you know this?:

Lunch = eating food around noon

"Lunching" is very different from "Launching"

You had your Ps2 since "lunch"? hahaha, so, only for a few hours?

I don't think that Sony wants to "lunch" the ps2, it could be bad for their stomach

ROFL

Chuck Norris can kill two stones with one bird. 

Around the Network

My friend from Brazil will be happy to get one at a decent price.

Vladez said:
radha said:

What is this? link

sony is lunching ps2 in latin america, does this means the ps3 will launch in 2019?

lunching the ps2 what a joke

Hey, did you know this?:

Lunch = eating food around noon

"Lunching" is very different from "Launching"

You had your Ps2 since "lunch"? hahaha, so, only for a few hours?

I don't think that Sony wants to l"lunch" the ps2, it could be bad for their stomach

ROFL

yes :P i know, i ge confused some times, i dont confuse the meaning just the spelling

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

kamil said:

PS3 already launched in 4 LA countries at the end of October (Argentina, Peru, Chile and Columbia). Not sure if the PS2 was launched there also.

The big move from Sony regarding PS2 in LA is that they're planning to start manufacturing PS2 hardware and discs in Brazil. This will allow them to lower prices (no import taxes) significantly and start to make real money there. As of now most software sold in Brazil is pirated and nothing strange about it as prices are ridiculous high there. Brazil PS2 userbase is estimated to be around 8 mln so it's quite an opportunity to get them buy legal games.

Please visit this thread for more information. BKK is putting great work there regarding LA video games market.

PS3 launched officialy in Panama that month too, we started to see real promotion now, before, all stores had it imported since we have the dollar and the import costs are low here, i mean, 2 brazilian friends came here, went nuts and went home with 4 bags full of stuff, the overweight cost is still cheaper than buying that there...

kamil said:

The PS2 was launched here in 2005. Not that it means anything, the PS1 was never launched here and everybody I know (including me) has or had at some point one. The PS3 launched, like you said, in October here

Ps3 was officially launched here in Venezuela in October.

There are countrys like, COlombia, Chile, Peru, Mexico, Brazil and Argentina that ahs already offcial acces to the PSN this countrys are now listed on country list when you go to create a accaunt.

I hope to see this months my country listed on the PSN network in order to get offcial acces to PSN :P

see u