By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - For the people that laugh at 360 and PS3 game sales...

The HD consoles are being bombarded with AAA games.

Even when you combine their hardware sales it gets almost outsold by the Wii.

It says more about the people who buy the Wii and their lack of any knowledge about gaming.

The days when the console with the best games and best hardware will win are over.

Around the Network

As a gamer it sucks to not have more Nintendo software this season, but judging by sales and trends, Nintendo is doing the right thing. Why do they need a packed Fall schedule to match Sony and Microsoft when they are consistently selling Wii Fit and Mario Kart like they were released two weeks ago? Nintendo makes games with more selling power attached to a system with more selling power, and no amount of price cuts Sony or Microsoft can do will ever change that, because a majority of people just don't want a 360 or a PS3 no matter what the price is. It's not desirable.

If what you wanted were season tickets to your favorite baseball team but I could get you cheaper season tickets for football, which you don't like in this case, what would you take? Obviously your baseball tickets. It's all sports, like it's all games, but that doesn't mean all sports will appeal to you, and no matter how low those tickets/consoles go, it just will not entertain you to attend/buy.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

"It would be a good but impossible thing to see Wii sales drop dramatically,"

Never expected to see you say that, trestres :/

Just because someone is able to do something, it doesn't make it right, and they shouldn't.

Just because Nintendo has the ability to not come out with games and still sell units, does it make it right? No. The system should still have new and compelling content coming, rather than Wii Music and AC. That sucks for people who own the Wii solely, and wanted more diversity from choosing games. It sucks majorly that just because people will buy the system regardless, a company can be slack on releasing games.

DMeisterJ said:
  The system should still have new and compelling content coming, rather than Wii Music and AC.

Hmmmm...define "new and compelling content", because new to me either means new IP or newly released, and that qualifies Wii Music as both and Animal Crossing as the latter. Compelling means "demanding attention", so that would either mean press or sales. Wii Music has the press, but doesn't have the sales. Animal Crossing doesn't have the press, but will likely have the sales. So again, what do you mean by that?

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network
Onyxmeth said:
DMeisterJ said:
  The system should still have new and compelling content coming, rather than Wii Music and AC.

Hmmmm...define "new and compelling content", because new to me either means new IP or newly released, and that qualifies Wii Music as both and Animal Crossing as the latter. Compelling means "demanding attention", so that would either mean press or sales. Wii Music has the press, but doesn't have the sales. Animal Crossing doesn't have the press, but will likely have the sales. So again, what do you mean by that?

By new and compelling content, I mean new and compelling content.

Not a horrid music game with GH and RB out there, or another iteneration of Animal Crossing, unchanged in five or six years.  >_>

DMeisterJ said:
Onyxmeth said:
DMeisterJ said:

By new and compelling content, I mean new and compelling content.

Not a horrid music game with GH and RB out there, or another iteneration of Animal Crossing, unchanged in five or six years.  >_>

Gotcha. That's what I thought you meant. Let me rephrase in case anyone else has trouble with what you were trying to say.

"The system should still have games that appeal to my needs and the needs of the select minority of forumgoers that do not particularly like Nintendo games in the first place."

If you want to talk like a gamer, then go ahead. I don't give a crap about either game myself, and will not buy either. If you want to understand why Nintendo's strategy is a success financially and Microsoft and Sony are nothing more than horrible Sega-like business strategies that happen to have enough money not to go under like Sega did, then get your head out of that, "Nintendo isn't making games for me" mentality and start looking at how many different demographics Nintendo has their icey fist wrapped around. You'll notice a trend.

nintendo copies lastgen-sony confirmed!

You know whats funny?

The ps3 and 360 continue to get amazing AAA games, but it doesnt matter, even if all the games suck, the wii is still destroying them. So it seems games dont even matter to these consumers.

mM

@Soriku

Oh really, so what games do they prefer? Id love to know an answer..

mM