By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What's this Resistance 2 review about?!

Alright so they arent biased.

Despite saying the PS3 is in deep trouble, and that Halo and gears is what the PS3 needs, despite having nothing to do with reviewing RESISTANCE 2.

They are not biased, they are just giving it a low score because its not a 360 title, thats exactly what they are saying, or not?

mM
Around the Network

Variety has some sort of contractual partnership with MS. I'm not exactly sure what the partnership is though. That is one reason this idiot mentions two 360 games.

how could Metacritic include this so called review and actually claim to be unbiased?

Variety is crap. I wouldn't take their reviews seriously. In fact, Metacritic is getting to that point for me. They are beginning to add in a bunch of questionable sources. But come on guys, at the end of the day, we play games not reviews. I feel Resistance 2 is one of the top games this gen and I've been enjoying the bejusus out of it. That's all that matters to me.

PS3 Trophies

so what 8 player co-op and 60 player online has to be so hot. Get the game if you like and if you dont then dont.

third strike.

they are biased.

Around the Network

Metacritic is now dead to me. This review is so full of Fail and MS jocking I want to puke. F Metacritic for including this trash.

You cant give a medicore launch title a high score and then give the second release a perfect score.

leo-j said:
Alright so they arent biased.

Despite saying the PS3 is in deep trouble, and that Halo and gears is what the PS3 needs, despite having nothing to do with reviewing RESISTANCE 2.

They are not biased, they are just giving it a low score because its not a 360 title, thats exactly what they are saying, or not?

i would have used the word 'morons'...

but i supposed 'biased' is more PC.

Atari 2600, Sega Mega Drive, Game Boy, Game Boy Advanced, N64, Playstation, Xbox, PSP Phat, PSP 3000, and PS3 60gb (upgraded to 320gb), NDS

Linux Ubuntu user

Favourite game: Killzone 3

I dunno, I don't want to flame and say that the article was COMPLETE rubbish, I mean it does have a few decent points. For one, the game is pretty linear as far as the story is concerned :P No real need to explore or any of that, and there ARE pockets of monsters from point to point, and at least for me, the story didn't make too much sense or really draw the player in, HOWEVER, that said, the review also didn't mention the fact that playing all of this, "same ol' same ol" is just simply awesome :P The weapon's they placed throughout this game are just so much fun to use, and the linear levels definitely benefit from them, on a regular shooter it might not fly so well, but in this game I disagree completely :P

Using guns like the bulseye, magnum, and auger DEFINITELY change up what could have been a regular frag fest, and make it something so much more technical. And Resistances ability to map out awesome "epic fights" is second to none, I swear it! They are frantic, amazing to participate in, and just unbelievable sometimes.

Resistance was one of the few shooters I've played where dying just makes me re-think of a different way I can beat the situation without chalking it up to a few missed shots, I'm not sure about you guys, but dying was actually fun to me in this, esp dying to some of the more intense moments, it was almost a blessing because you wanted to do that segment again so badly anyway :P Resistance is one hell of a game, and this review doesn't seem to want to participate in it ^^

And on a second note, this games co-op is addicting ;-; my roomate and I literally have trouble putting it down sometimes ;-;

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Garnett said:
You cant give a medicore launch title a high score and then give the second release a perfect score.

lol what?, look for the definition  mediocre too.