By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 keypad delayed to December

Wonder why the delay?

Copy infringement of the 360 pad? or the Cell not being able to handle the keypad?

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network
Lafiel said:
@ Onyxmeth )

typing with your thumbs sounds uncomfortable enough aswell - good thing you can just use an usb-keyboard instead of these conroller attachments

How would you propose someone to type with a keypad if they don't use their thumbs? A keypad is not a keyboard where you can position your hands in the asdfjkl; home row position. If you were to ever use a phone with a keypad, it's the exact same way, use your thumbs. The Sony pad put it way out of reach for you to use your thumbs while still maintaining a grip on the controller. Sure there are other options(USB keyboard), but that isn't what this topic is about. It's about the keypad, how it's delayed and whether it's a functional device or not. I say not.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

@ twesterm )

problem is: I hate mobile phones or smartphones or any kind of phones, so ... that comparison doesn't make it any more sympathetic to me

and ofcourse they had to be different to avoid paying royalties to MS for using the same concept

sorry twestern i'll just report next time.

after holding my own controller, that is actually a much more comfortable position than if it was below the controller.

Around the Network

Got a USB keyboard, works quite wel....

4 ≈ One