By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Yakuza 3 A new hope for PS3 : Official thread

mierda said:

http://www.gamekyo.com/videoen13584_yakuza-3-new-video.html

OMG !!!
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/41289.html

I want more details for this fantastic game...

Yakuza is AA...stop killing yourself. It will most likely sell better in Japan than anywhere else, and thats not saying much.

Around the Network

How do I even know if this will remain exclusive?

perpride said:
How do I even know if this will remain exclusive?

Well, it only sells well in Japan, so i guess there is a good chance?

"Yakuza is AA...stop killing yourself."

I don't care, pawl ;)
This game is impressive with a fantastic atmosphere...

The first Yakuza arrived too late on ps2 (2005/2006 : new consoles era),
and was not very impressive... That's why so many people didn't notice it.

It's différent for yakuza 3 because ps3 has a huge lack of exclusives...
Especially for japan lovers like me.

And most of all, graphics are awesome !

Ps3 need quality games and it will be a fantastic game

( nagoshi : F-zero GX, daytona USA, monkey ball, yakuza... this guy is a boss)

arsenal009 said:
OK, so i just checked sales of 2 in NA. Only 30k ppl bought it. If u guys aren't buying it, why so much hype?

BTW, i checked out the trailer, pretty cool, kinda like GTA but i didn't see any vehicles, can u drive and bunch of diff. vehicles in the game?
Because its a great game that got overlooked because it only came out a couple of months ago on the PS2 and had no advertising.Its not like GTA, its an adventure/beat'em up that happens to be about Yakuza. It also has insane amounts of side quests and the mission are actually intersting. Oh and it has a fantastic story.

Around the Network
Ratix240sx said:
arsenal009 said:
OK, so i just checked sales of 2 in NA. Only 30k ppl bought it. If u guys aren't buying it, why so much hype?

BTW, i checked out the trailer, pretty cool, kinda like GTA but i didn't see any vehicles, can u drive and bunch of diff. vehicles in the game?
Because its a great game that got overlooked because it only came out a couple of months ago on the PS2 and had no advertising.Its not like GTA, its an adventure/beat'em up that happens to be about Yakuza. It also has insane amounts of side quests and the mission are actually intersting. Oh and it has a fantastic story.

I agree.

arsenal009 said:

This game has all the sign of being a cult classic, much like Valkyria Chronicle, it will most likely do moderately well in Japan and have lackluster initially sale elsewhere. Unlike many game where the Hype train goes a mile long, this game DESERVE some hype, it needs all the hype it can get so SEGA could consider bringing more fantastic niche games like this to the market.

mierda said:
"Seems like they had a couple of gameplay shots, which were shown for under 1/2 a second"

20 minutes trailer : Several minutes of gameplay ;)

I'll believe it when I see it, just look at what early screenshots of Yakuza 2 promised and then compare it to the actual gameplay.

Never argue with idiots
They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience

superbeast1370 said:
I think it's awesome that Sega has been releasing quality titles especially with Yakuza 2(PS2), Valkyrie Chronicles(PS3), and now Yakuza 3(PS3). it's Ironic, especially since it was the PS2 that killed the Dreamcast. now if they can release Shenmue on PSN...*BTW, where's Jesus?*

I think the real irony is that sega is one of the only third party developers who still makes a lot of exclusives to the various platforms.

Seriously though. Yakuza two is fucking awesome. I'm deffo getting the third when it get's "localised" (Can't really read kanji lol) (i hate dubs though :P)

Check out my game about moles ^

http://www.gamekyo.com/videoen13652_yakuza-3-new-video.html

CHRIST !