By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 1UP Network Chooses Best Gams of E3

mitsuhide said:
Woohoo thats alot of EXCLUSIVE goodness.Now who can say the PS3 has no games!

I don't think anyone is claiming the PS3 has no games. Only that they really don't have much to offer RIGHT NOW. LAIR was originally supposed to be out in March. I think Heavenly Sword was also supposed to be out earlier. I don't like FPS, sports, or racing games so I'm not going to play Resistance, Motorstorm, or whatever stupid EA sports game is out this week. The PS3 has games I want to play, but I likely won't be purchasing anything for another few months or maybe not even until 2008.

To cash in my CC rewards points for $300 in Circuit City gift cards to purchase a 360 or not: That is the question.

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:
Orange Box is a "five-pack"?

What are the other two games, HL2 and HL2: Ep 1?

Yes.

Also, I definitely think the PS3 has a good shot at beating 360 these holidays worldwide. I think in the US, the Halo/GTA combo is a huge advantage, but in Japan it is meaningless and in Europe it isn't as big.

360 beats PS3 in the US, PS3 beats 360 in Japan and Europe. Overall, in my opinion, the PS3 and 360 will be very close these holidays worldwide, with the PS3 having a very good shot.

Especially, now that the 360 price cut has been revealed to only be 50 dollars (there's not gonna be a second cut this year), I give PS3 good odds to beat 360 worldwide for the months coming up.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Legend11 said:
Umm.. while the numbers look impressive for the PS3 we have to remember that two of the big exclusives, Little Big Planet and Killzone 2 don't even come out until next year. Also one of their exclusives, Everyday Shooter, is being created by one person for the Playstation Network, does it really compare to the other major games on that list?

Iam so sure youd be saying that if it was for the 360

Its a good list .And especially good for PS3 as 1Up has been very agressive against the PS3 since it was announced .

Metroid Prime 3 (Wii)

New Wii-mote controls seem to be turning this into the most shooter-y Metroid Prime game yet, but those aren't the only changes in store. With more worlds to explore and a lessened emphasis on the series mainstay of backtracking, Retro Studios has fans very curious.

The thing with this statement is that they played the E3 Demo levels.  The demo is made to show off how the game plays. A 15 minute demo isn't going to have much bactracking in it. Infact, Matt Casimasima (sp?) spoke to the same effect, saying that the demo's shooter emphasis reminded him of the original Metroid prime demo. I'm fairly confident that Prime 3 will have the same backtracking and exploration as the first too.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

12 PS3
9 360
5 PC
2 wii
1 psp
1 ds

Very happy for PS3

@ckmlb

I know MANY people here who don't even know GTA has exclusive content & wanna get a Ps3 for GTA as they've always played GTA on a Playstation....

Now I'm not saying GTA will be a better system seller for PS3, but many casuals don't know about this exclusive downloadable content...meh all the good for the PS3

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

ckmlb said:
BenKenobi88 said:
Orange Box is a "five-pack"?

What are the other two games, HL2 and HL2: Ep 1?

Yes.

Also, I definitely think the PS3 has a good shot at beating 360 these holidays worldwide. I think in the US, the Halo/GTA combo is a huge advantage, but in Japan it is meaningless and in Europe it isn't as big.

360 beats PS3 in the US, PS3 beats 360 in Japan and Europe. Overall, in my opinion, the PS3 and 360 will be very close these holidays worldwide, with the PS3 having a very good shot.

Especially, now that the 360 price cut has been revealed to only be 50 dollars (there's not gonna be a second cut this year), I give PS3 good odds to beat 360 worldwide for the months coming up.

I definitely agree, Ck. I think 360 will beat the PS3 in America, but lose worldwide. 

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

The exclusive content bought by MS might be a waste of money in the end.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

Metroid just got a preview on IGN today...sounds like it's still those 2 levels though...but yeah, Matt sounds pretty sure there will be plenty of exploration.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )