By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Why do people make fun of video games?

cuz there retarded!!!!!!

Around the Network

I agree with NFG, you should just ignore them.

My mum asked me whether I would ever grow up and stop playing video games..... showing that she thinks they are just for "children and geeks"

This is the kind of attitude that annoys me. These people just think that as it is a new medium, they don't understand it, and think it beneath them, so just assume that nobody else is interested in it

Munkeh111 said:
My mum asked me whether I would ever grow up and stop playing video games..... showing that she thinks they are just for "children and geeks"

This is the kind of attitude that annoys me. These people just think that as it is a new medium, they don't understand it, and think it beneath them, so just assume that nobody else is interested in it

When will all the jocks grow up and stop playing childish games (sports). Watching them on TV accomplishes nothing and its very childish, don't you think? Its the same argument. I don't like sports, but people should be able to do [legal] things they like without being labled childish or losers or whatever.

Hawkeye said:
Munkeh111 said:

When will all the jocks grow up and stop playing childish games (sports). Watching them on TV accomplishes nothing and its very childish, don't you think? Its the same argument. I don't like sports, but people should be able to do [legal] things they like without being labled childish or losers or whatever.

I totally agree. I think gaming is just persecuted because it is the new kid on the block, and people just assume it is rubbish without looking. If someone who just thought games were for kids played something like Shadow of the Collosus, it would be very different and if something like that was shown to a much wider audience, then some of the negative perception might change

The problem is that GTA IV is the face of videogaming and that is an image of mindless violence, and even in that case, it is only mindless if you ignore the story