By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA announces EA FIT: ACTIVE

You know this aint a clone. In fact everyone is bitching that the BB wasn't used. Its actually done something different, see how u can float in mid air like a ninja

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network

It's EA, what did you expected??? when they do innovative stuff is when i get surprised...

Now, the fact that it's not innovative does not make it less interesting, lets see if they push the Wii, not only in graphics and motion, but in the number of things that you can do... And when Sony lauches it's motion stick they could do an HD-remake...

Instead of using a nuchuk around our leg why didn`t EA came up with their own accessory? Like a wireless thermometer you stick in your ass to keep track of the body temperature.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Buy an overpriced strap OR just put the controller in your pocket.

Ryudo said:
Buy an overpriced strap OR just put the controller in your pocket.

Have you learned nothing? Wii games only sell if they are bundled with "hardware".

So the game will come with the strap, not the other way around.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network
Untouch said:
There we go.
I thought ubisoft was gonna be first.

nah ubisoft have to much imagine: somethingz games so they will wait and publish imagine fitnezz in Q3/Q4 2009.

well i might get this later *looks at nfs undercover wii gameplay* erm sorry EA but this time i have to boycott your products.

lolita said:
NiKKoM said:

Looks... fun.. but..
EA Sports: ACTIVE??

Lets see:

EA Sports: Men
EA Sports: Women
EA Sports: Kids
EA Sports: 2009
EA Sports: Dogs
EA Sports: Total Training
EA Sports: Milky Milky

I see where they are going... >_>

-edited- OP had the wrong name

Er........... Hmmm no better not say anything about this...

And also, very original name.... EA fit... Yeaaaah...

oh come on! please do tell? ^_^

lol..but indeed..EA has gone nuts..they are THE birdmen this gen..Malstrom is right..most big companies are dying..while small ones aare taking over

look at EA, Ubisoft and Konami slowly fading.. while Sega, Marvelous, High Voltage and such noname companies suddenly are mentioned in the same sentence as big name companies

So this will be EA Sports Active 2009. I wonder which personal trainer will be featured in the cover and how many near unnoticeable upgrades they will claim to introduce in the following yearly versions.

EA Sports Active, scheduled for release Spring 2009, will come bundled with a number of peripherals – or sports equipment – such as a set of two leg straps, a resistance band, as well as a health book. EA says the entire product will sell for $59.99.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

WTF is going on with the videogame world? You know how absurd this would've sounded not so long ago?
What's next?! Wii Sex will come with a bundled strap-on? I know that's supposed to be a joke, but remember Atari Sex?
More of this shit and I'm quitting teh intarwebz!

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!