By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone 2 beta impressions are up! Press NDAs are over!

DTG said:
In real life one bullet is all it usually takes to kill someone. Shouldn't it be the same in a video game then? I don't understand EG's complaints about easy kills. Guess what, easy kills is what real life is like as well.

Mechanics from real life aren't necessarily fun to play.

Around the Network

Multiplayer footage from GameTrailers:

1. The map is Salamon Market, not Blood Gracht like the description says.

2. The guy playing is an idiot. There's one point where he's unloading on a guy and runs out of ammo. He starts to reload without sidestepping or anything, giving the guy ample time to turn around and take him down.

Very nice!

I disagree with EU gamer. >_> As a beta player, I'm certain they're wholly inaccurate.

Looking good.

Why does a game have to mimic real life, DTG? I'm not complaining, I like the visceral nature of COD4 multiplayer where a handful of shots and you're out. But saying "In real life one bullet is all it usually takes to kill someone. Shouldn't it be the same in a video game then?", if you were rolstoppable I'd take that as a humorous joke, but I'm pretty sure you mean it.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network
DTG said:
In real life one bullet is all it usually takes to kill someone. Shouldn't it be the same in a video game then? I don't understand EG's complaints about easy kills. Guess what, easy kills is what real life is like as well.

That... that's kidna morbid.  I mean seriously dude have some control.

Anyways good to hear the impressions are positive.

Wow, they make it sound so amazing... I wanna play it now!!! Well, I'll get Resistance 2 to hold me over until then, but I'm wondering if I'll ever go back to Resistance's multiplayer (not co-op, that's way too addicting for me!) after trying Killzone 2's multiplayer.

More videos (same horrible player):

awesome

Check out my game about moles ^

Seems great

www.jamesvandermemes.com