By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - BLAME ON SONY: mature games free to childrens,and parents don't know...

This is the dumbest thing i've ever heard of, maybe parents should get their head out their ass and learn to be good parents. And games rated mature have no effect on gamers, i've seen 6 yearolds playing GTA,

Around the Network

Last year I saw a 6/7 year old play Call of Duty 2 on an XBox 360 Kiosk at futureshop ...

I'm not sure who was more to blame, the store for having it on display or the parent for leaving their child unsupervised in store.

kber81 said:

Off-topic

@ mitsuhide

Regards your nick - Mitsuhide because of Oda's slayer - Akechi Mitsuhide? This guy isn't very popular...

I got it off KessenIII he aint very popular on that either he just my favorite character on it even though he betrays you and you have to kill him. 

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

PS3owner said:
This is the dumbest thing i've ever heard of, maybe parents should get their head out their ass and learn to be good parents. And games rated mature have no effect on gamers, i've seen 6 yearolds playing GTA,
EVERYTHING you do without exception has an effect on you be it minor or major good or bad. What you watch on TV, what you eat, your friends, your family, your environment, the music you listen to etc without exception it will all effect you to some extent.  Now I have no doubt there are dozens upon dozens of 6 year olds that can play GTA no problem but for every so many of those there's a few that cannot. The rating systems are to help parents protect their kids if they feel the child cannot handle the content. There are some crazy people out there and maybe a game won't make them kill somebody(I'm not going there I disagree with all the statements that games make people kill) but it might plant an idea or a way to do it in someones head, just like any other media. Again, rating systems = good any way you look at it, it is protecting someone. It's easy to quote cases where something doesn't work it's much harder to prove something effective. I can prove Kid A shot Kid B over a Madden game, I can't prove that playing Madden stoped Kid C from going outside and getting shot by Kid D you get my meaning? 

Soriku said:
Heh, I can play M games. I don't buy em though. They're boring IMO.

What's the difference between you and the people who call all non violent games kiddie?

The answer: nothing.

Also what does Sony have to do with the store displaying an M rated game and the parents letting their kids play them. Find another contrived reason to attack Sony. Can you also not create random spaces between stuff that you say next time? thanks.

Sony = child murderers.

Edit: If the parents somehow can't understand when they see their child slicing the heads off of guys at a screen that this is  a mature game then they shouldn't be parents.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

I don't like Sony but no blame to Sony. Blame the store yes.

Visit my interactive story site
http://www.catprog.org/story.html

PS3owner said:

the problem is that demo stations(ps3 or x360 or wii) don't have any signal or warning about games free to play.

so parents has not any warning about games their children are playing.

the ones of you that played at demo stations once in their life know very well that the games are already launched to the main menu or sub menu most of cases.

so no intro is showned.

I blame sony but I also blame nintendo for other reasons,it's not a topic against sony.

but against a culture of violent games.

we have rules ,warnings and raccomandations 

so next time media will attack gamers world because of the usual stupid violent game we can say:" we have rules,it's parents fault that buy mature games for their children" 

but if developers like Sony and shops like Mediaworld do not warning and inform parents about free play games in their demo stations it's a war we always lose against media attacking viodegames!!!! :(

Stop making huge spaces between random sentences and phrases. Can you please keep a normal order in your posts, it's almost as bad as typing in all caps.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

mitsuhide said:
Calm down Ninja Gaiden is a 15+ and its far from Sony's fault because they dont control this.Its partly PEGI's fault for not checking that the game WASNT being used in the demo station but mostly the stores fault so why are you blaming Sony its completly out of their control.

leader site 

ninja gaiden is rated M and 18+ respectly by esbr and pegi...

get know games before speaking of them... 

it's also Sony fault , infact Sony is one of members of isfe:

http://www.isfe-eu.org/

ALKO said:
mitsuhide said:
Calm down Ninja Gaiden is a 15+ and its far from Sony's fault because they dont control this.Its partly PEGI's fault for not checking that the game WASNT being used in the demo station but mostly the stores fault so why are you blaming Sony its completly out of their control.

leader site

ninja gaiden is rated M and 18+ respectly by esbr and pegi...

get know games before speaking of them...

it's also Sony fault , infact Sony is one of members of isfe:

http://www.isfe-eu.org/

you are a TOTAL IDIOT. Do you even know how the demo kiosks work?

It has more the 1 demo on it. There all on the HDD including videos and pictures. Someone most likely selected the demo from XMB, played it, and forgot to exit the game. 

Its the store's which decide which demos to download from the Retailer PS Store.

It is the same for the 360 and Wii kiosks. Its a matter of what the retailer downloaded to the consoles (or what demo discs they have in them for 360 and Wii - PS3 has no demo discs).

Close topic please mods, thank you. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453