By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Holiday Sales

When are sales consider holiday sales?

I hear of lot of people saying PS3 will beat the 360 or the 360 beat the PS3 in holiday sales.

I was just wonder when are sales holiday sales.

Becuase if these sales are considered for the Holiday then i see  no reason why the 360 wont kill the PS3

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

Around the Network

People mean it differently. I think there are 3 main ways of counting it.

A) Last quarter of the year.

B) Last 2 months (10 weeks)

C) December

C is the most usual way to do it.

BTW, to your 2nd line, I too believe the Ps3 will beat the Ps3 in holiday sales.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

kowenicki said:
Well it wont kill it will it... PS3 marginally beating 360 in Others and 360 beating PS3 in Americas. 360 will edge out the PS3 Worlwide I think.

Wii will be ridiculous though! And I mean record breaking ridiculous if the supply is finally sorted for this christmas.

Sony may edge ahead in Others, but is going to get some pain in the US.

Xbox should take the holiday season. (wii not counted)

Oyvoyvoyv said:

People mean it differently. I think there are 3 main ways of counting it.

A) Last quarter of the year.

B) Last 2 months (10 weeks)

C) December

C is the most usual way to do it.

BTW, to your 2nd line, I too believe the Ps3 will beat the Ps3 in holiday sales.

oh haha sorry about that all fixxed =)

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

In America, it's usually considered to start the Friday after Thanksgiving. It was nicknamed "Black Friday" and was always been the biggest single day in sales for stores. Lately though, that hasn't been the case. It's still a huge day and what seems to get it started but now it's often one of the last weekend days before christmas that is the Biggest.

I'll come up with something better eventually...

Around the Network

only think about black friday is that it only applys to 1 region. i think december should be counted as holiday sales

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Over here, we could consider the week leading up to the 5th and 6th as "start", seeing how that's when "sinterklaas" (refering to some holy man from Turkey) happens, and it's aimed solely at children, so they should be getting a lot of presents (and consoles will be part of those)

Well, I agree with what you're saying about Black Friday only being relevant in America but there's no set time when people will start buying Christmas gifts. Some people start while it's still summer. And some nations don't have a holiday season like Christmas. I might very well be wrong but Christmas or any other typical late year holiday isn't common in Japan, is it? So that could be taken into consideration but it probably won't matter much anyway since console sales in Japan are fairly weak right now.

I'll come up with something better eventually...

Technically the first day of holiday sales is Black Friday. However most of us here start thinking the first week of November is the start.

I think sales between Nov and Dec can be considered holiday sales. The people generally start preparing for Christmas during mid November.

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here