By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - LittleBigPlanet,already at 84 000 individual levels.

"Sony Computer Entertainment and Media Molecule would like to thank everyone in the LittleBigPlanet online community for an amazing start! So far a staggering 84,000 individual levels have been uploaded and more than 27 million level play throughs have been completed.

We couldn’t be happier with the initial efforts from our community members; the variety and quality of some of the creations has been astounding. We’ve seen everything from great platform adventures, puzzles and quizzes through to stories and races. We have even had a wedding proposal created entirely in the game!"

Thats pretty huge.

http://threespeech.com/blog/2008/11/littlebigplanet-community-content-update/

Take my love, take my land..

Around the Network

Cool, but hasn't this already sold several hundred thousand? So less than a third of owners have submitted a level?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

^Not everyone has had time to sit there learn how to make a decent level and make one. I for one am still playing the World levels to unlock everything. Give people time. But 1 week ain't bad.

Hmm, pie.

thekitchensink said:
Cool, but hasn't this already sold several hundred thousand? So less than a third of owners have submitted a level?

You think "less than a third" is low?

If it's anywhere near that than it's astounding.

How many people build levels/user-created content for other games where those tools were freely available and supported by the devs? UnrealEd? 3D Realms' Build Engine back when that was the rage?

A true point-and-click level editor like LBP's that is compelling enough for tens of thousands of wannabe authors to explore in the first two weeks is an enormous achievement.

83,980 of those maps are so bad, it's not even worth mentioning. j/k

but there are thousands of maps that just have no reason to be on there.

Like you start this one level walk for while, jump over a box, and you exit the level... wtf..

I think the low amount of levels for so many being sold shows how this game can not be for everyone, the map creation is not as easy as some might think.

Playing some user maps is fantastic tho..

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Around the Network

Thank you media molecule for giving us a game with endless possibilities.

thekitchensink said:

That's like saying "Why hasn't Youtube have 2 billion videos on it, didn't everyone that used the site submitted a video?"

The purpose of creating and sharing and rating is for many to experience the good levels of talented designers and 1000s more average and crappy ones....

PSN ID: T_Gears

End of 2009 ltd sales:

Wii = 67-68m

X360 = 38-39m

PS3 = 34-35m

Prediction: The PS3 will surpass the 360 on weekly sales after it drops to $299 on all regular weeks (no big releases).

sega4life said:

but there are thousands of maps that just have no reason to be on there.

Like you start this one level walk for while, jump over a box, and you exit the level... wtf..

I think the low amount of levels for so many being sold shows how this game can not be for everyone, the map creation is not as easy as some might think.

Playing some user maps is fantastic tho..

95% of people who bought the game will only play the levels the other 5% created. That's the beauty of the game. It's unlimited AND you don't even have to lift a finger in creation mode......

PSN ID: T_Gears

End of 2009 ltd sales:

Wii = 67-68m

X360 = 38-39m

PS3 = 34-35m

Prediction: The PS3 will surpass the 360 on weekly sales after it drops to $299 on all regular weeks (no big releases).

sega4life said:

But how else do you get those seven trophies in 30 seconds?!

84,000 levels? How to pick the good ones? Is there a ranking system?

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.